Chapter Fifteen

•Lloyd•

I'm awoken by the bright green jade eyes, peering at me as I slowly drift out of my dreams. Harumi is sitting beside my bed, the expression of urgency mixed with excitement on her face.

"Morning Greenie!" Harumi says leaning down and ruffling my hair.

"Good morning Rumi!" I say sitting up and smiling. It was good to see her so happy.

"You know," She says while tapping her chin. "I happen to remember a certain green ninja promising to take me to the beach."

I grin. "Really? Well I happen to remember a certain girl getting stitches and being told to talk it easy." I reply raising an eyebrow and smirking.

Harumi laughs. She stands up, revealing a two pieced swimsuit. The top is jade green, and the bottoms are white. She lifts up the top a little bit, revealing her injury and row of stitches, which have started to fade entirely.

"It just so happens that my stitches are almost completely healed." She says winking. "And I already packed a lunch and everything that we need to take." She says looking hopefully.

I raise an eyebrow. She continues. "Plus, everyone is already in the Bounty waiting for you so..."

"Well, the green ninja never breaks his promises." I say with a smile, hopping out of bed.

Harumi throws some swim trunks at me. "I'll meet you at the Bounty!" She says running outside.

I can't help but smile. This was going to be a great day. I could already tell.

•Harumi•

Once we arrive at the beach, I immediately make a dash for the waves, throwing my towel down, and leaving everyone else behind.

"Harumi! What about sunscreen?" Skylor says holding it up. She had decided to come along with us, and I was very excited to be able to spend the day with her too, and getting to know her better, but first, the waves.

"It can wait!" I call back over my shoulder. The sand between my toes feels amazing. It's been forever since I've been to the beach. It was the perfect day too. My feet are almost touching the cool ocean water, when all of a sudden, a green flash whips by me. Lloyd grabs my shoulders.

"Lloyd!" I exclaim, looking longingly at the close, but yet so far away blue waters.

"Wait a minute Rumi. I know what you're going to do." He says with a laugh. "Go put some sunscreen on. I know you won't if I don't make you. Plus, you'll burn later, and it's going to suck." He says with a laugh.

I cross my arms, letting out a small laugh, and then stomping playfully back to Skylor and our beach supplies. It honestly felt good to know that he cared. I smiled, heading over to Skylor and applying the sunscreen.

Once I finish, I turn to Lloyd. "Race you to the water?"

"You're on!" He says.

I take off running straight for the water, throwing my hands back behind me, feeling the ocean breeze on my face. My hair flies back as I run faster and faster, my heart pounding.

We both reach the water, and I slow down, the water coming up to my waist, as I throw myself in happily. The water is the perfect temperature, and it feels so refreshing. I take a moment to just live in the moment of being surrounded by it, and then I come up from air. I turn to see Lloyd still standing in the water, which is only up to his waist.

"Come on Lloyd!" I say splashing a little water in his direction.

"I don't know Rumi. It seems kinda cold."