chapter 2

“I really hate those dumb stupid miscreants, I want revenge” Mia said angrily screamed

“its ok, karma will get to them” I said laughing, I knew she didn’t give two fucks about karma, she was going to do it her way. “Come on, it's almost time for our hike, then we will come back to start a fire eat some s’mores and burgers, tell stories and than go to sleep”, Ms.conner came into the cabin and told us to all gather in the greenwood field and bring our hiking gear.

“Alright you guys and gals, it's time for are first hike to misty mysterious falls, hope you guys ready, let’s go”, we started the hike, she told us to stay on the trail and if you get lost use our whistles, I looked over at mia and she was talking to herself, she was planning something but i don’t know what, we walked a few miles and we saw the river of diamonds, we looked for a minute then we continue our walk and i saw James and Cody messing with mia, they were pushing and tanging on her backpack until they let her go and she fall over a rock, I ran over and told them to leave her alone, she got up and i saw something under the rock, it was a book halfway buried under the rock.
It was no title and no author, she put it in my book bag and didn’t tell no one, we made it to misty mysterious falls and it was beautiful, somebody screamed “let’s jump in”  but i knew it was a bad idea. I just sat on a log near the river and watched and I opened the book, it had spells, potion, and other weird creepy stuff, that was kinda up my ally. I put it back in my book bag and waited until i got back to my cabin to open it and really get into it.

We arrived back at the cabin and our teacher stopped us from going back to our cabin, “our next activity is good and I know some of you our going to hate it, you have to sleep in the room with people that you dislike and you have to stay there until morning, the cabin that complete this activity can have the Wi-Fi box. “I guess we sleeping in the cabin with the two loners” Zoey said,

I guess so” Kim said

“aye, Cody, James and max join us” Lola said, “we love too” max said, “but we need to get that Wi-Fi box, I need to check my twitter and Instagram, so try to be nice to those weirdos” Lola said.

I knew mia hated that idea the way she stormed in our cabin, I looked out the cabin and saw everyone with bags moving into different cabins and then they walked in. Zoey, Lola, and Kim, as always they never split up
“hey, bitches” Kim said

“why do you keep calling us that, that’s not our name”

“sorry, damn, hello, mia and trina”

“it’s Teresa but it’s close”.

“And max, James and Cody are coming to so make room” Zoey said

“we can’t have boys in here, it’s not allowed”

“calm down, if they don’t know, no one gets in trouble, ok” Kim said.

I knew they were going to get caught doing something but I didn’t care as long as I wasn’t involved. “Yall ready to get lit or what” max said walking into the door, “hell yeah, we got a little something, something” Kim said, then she pulled out a bottle of vodka and a bag of some green stuff, I never smoked or drink in my life and i wasn’t going to start, I just sat back, went into my backpack and grabbed my new book i found and looked through it. I opened to the first page and saw dragons on it, it was amazing how good the artist drew the pictures on it, but the page was split into two parts a ice dragons and a fire dragons, it was so weird i never seen a book do that before, then stupid old max had to come and take the book out of my hand. “Give me my damn book back”

“you have to be nice, if you want your grade” he said smiling at me,

“now, ask nicely”

“can i please have my book back, please”

“no”, he started reading the page and i told him to stop and that he didn’t know what he was getting into, “what kind of shit is this, come look”

“it look like magic” Kim said

“hey, look on the back” Zoey said

“it says “don’t read or open Ever”

“I say read a page ain’t shit going to happen” James said, max read the first page about dragons “high  in the sky, red or blue, breathing fire or ice, the dragons are coming , so ran or hide.”, nothing happened, “hahaha, this stupid book, told you nothing was going to happened” James said, so we just ate some candy and chips and fall asleep.

I woke up to go to the kitchen fridge and get a midnight snack and i opened the door and saw six huge eggs sitting there, i almost fainted but I caught myself and ran back to the cabin and woke everyone one up, “guys, guys ,guys”

“what do you want it’s still night, now go to bed” Kim said,

“you have to come see what’s in the freezer”
“No sleep, be quiet”
“come on get up”, I said screaming
“oh, my fucking god, can we please go see what she talking about” Kim said, “alright follow me”, we walked to the kitchen to the freezer and I opened the door and there they still were, the eggs. “Oh, my fucking G’s” Kim said

“that didn’t make any sense ”max said,

“when do you think their going to hatch” James said, as soon as he said that they started to crack,
“should we go get someone” cody said, “no, maybe, probably, I don’t know”, they started to pop out one by one and started to make a crying croaking noise, “we should go” I said, “why” max said, “it sounds like their calling for their parents”

“there's more” zoey said

“yes, there's more where you think the babies came from” James said,

“run, run now” I said,

“but get your stuff first and run to the woods”, we ran into the cabin, grabbed our stuff what we could carry and ran towards the woods, than we heard a loud roar screeching, I had to hurry up and grab myself, I looked out the window and saw everyone on the lane. I ran out and everyone ones screaming, the dragons were flying right ahead of them and then I witness everyone get frozen, they were screaming and yelling, than one of the dragons landed, I hid behind a tree and looked on the side and saw our teacher,, ms.conner stood there, she saw me and whispered “good luck” and winked at me, the dragon picked her up and tore her in half dropping her bottoming half. The baby dragons started to come out feast on her it felt like i couldn’t move until max and the rest of them called my name.

We need to walk to the police officer that was standing in front of the entrance point into the park, we started to walk to the river of diamonds and a herd of moose and deer ran past us, I looked up and saw a flock of California flamingos leaving, I’m guessing all the animals were going to go find a new home since dragons have taken over the forest. We arrived at the river and we sat down and started to think, for the first time we were all thinking on the same page and we were even talking to each other without the bitch and whore calling, “I think we should keep walking until we reached the end of  the river stop in the city” kim said

“I agree” I said,

I thought we were heading towards the police station” zoey said,

“we are changing our direction, so we are going to rest here until the sun goes down cause we don’t have no food or water”,

“I agree”, we all sat up our small tents we took from the campsite and fall asleep, I woke up to go get some water and heard someone screaming in a tent and it was two people getting it on, hard , I was laughing in my head but I was also sick.

I walked back to where i was and I figured that kim and max was not there, I never knew they was a couple but I guess they was, I went through my backpack to find my marshmallows and I didn’t see my book anywhere, thought someone may have taken it than I realize this wasn't my bag, I looked around, kim, cody, zoey and James were sleep, I then learned it was Lola and max who was getting freaky in their tent, and I then realize mia was gone. She had to take it, I got a flashlight and started to look around and I saw footprints, I followed them to a little cave and there she was sitting on a tree log, looking at my book. “What are you doing”

“reading this demon book you found, so, can I have it back”

“no, you can’t have it back cause I’m going to burn it”

“no, you can’t cause it’s not yours”

“it is mine cause i found it”

“look you killed everyone in our cabin it’s probably no one still alive because of you, you dumb selfish bitch”

“what is your problem, I saved your life from drowning and I didn’t kill anyone, max was the one that read the book out loud”

“you know what maybe i should read a page”

“No, you shouldn’t do that, it's already dragons flying around in 2017, we don’t need nothing else”

“maybe, all these creature should have a choice to walk the earth of 2017, she laughed and started reading, i didn’t know what she was reading until she started speaking louder, “in 1997 a group of explorers came across a river with hundreds of giant crocodile bones, known as croc banks, next to the bones were horns and teeth that didn’t come from the croc’s then saw horse skulls buried underneath the sand by the water”

“you just made a big mistake”, i saw a brick next to my feet and i picked it up and throw it at her, she dropped the book and I ran up and grabbed it off the ground and she grabbed my leg making me fall i kicked her right in her face Then ran back to warn the others. I ran back to our camp spot where we were hanging out at.

“We need to go now”,

“why”, a loud low growl came from inside the water, we couldn’t see because it was so dark, max grabbed a flashlight from out his bag and pointed it towards the water, all we saw was a long snout and big eyes,

“what is it” kim said, i don't know” max said,

“we have to go, now!”, we grabbed our stuff and walked very slowly out  towards the woods towards the trail the bus drove on. We heard someone screaming and yelling “bitch come back here with that book”, I told them to run faster because she was right behind us, we bumped into a group of our campers  running towards the trail, “oh, my god more people, we are so glad to see you guys”

“did anyone else make it out” I asked,

“no, I don’t think so it was just me, Kelly, Sam and Tommy” Cleo said,

“how did yall escape” kim asked

“I love that we are reunited and all but we have a psycho behind us, so can we talk when were far away from here”, we started running up the trail when we heard something behind, it sounded like a stampede herd, we stop to look behind us all we saw these horses, i looked back in the book to find the page about these horses and it said “black flaming horses, carnivores, favorite food human flesh, the Greek gods created them to kill and attack any evil or criminal, but they will attack if they are hungry”. We need to run, up the hill, we need to find a car or van, then we heard mia screaming in the back, the horses got to her, they torn her apart limb from limb eating everything even the bones, i saw them eat and tore pieces apart like a piece of paper.