♡two♡

midday came around before lillie knew it, and for the first time ever she was excited to start her shift at work. 

she settled in, taking over from jan, her middle aged co-worker who was working the morning shift, and just over an hour after she and romy started, the bell at the door chimed and joe entered, a dark haired girl beside him.

"hey!" lillie greeted as he reached the counter, the cafe surprisingly empty for just after 1pm. "brought a friend today, huh?"

"this is natalia, we work together." joe introduced. "natalia, this is lillie."

romy's head shot up at the sound of joe's voice, quickly finishing making a coffee for a customer before joining them.

"it's nice to have a face for a name, joe's been talking about you for weeks." natalia grinned, and joe blushed, smacking natalia's arm slightly.

"it's nice to meet you. this is romy, my best friend." lillie introduced, gesturing to the taller girl next to her.

"hi!" romy grinned.

"the one who keeps trying to get her to watch stranger things?" joe questioned, and romy nodded.

"a label i will gladly accept." she laughed.

"are you mocha frappe?" lillie questioned, turning her attention to natalia.

"yep." natalia grinned. "that's actually why i decided to come along today. it was delicious."

"thanks." lillie smiled. "i've been told i make the best coffee someone has ever had."

she winked at joe, who shook his head, trying to hide his still red cheeks.

"didn't realise this was call out joe day." he mumbled.

"i think that's pretty much every day." natalia joked. lillie laughed as the door chimed again, signifying they had another customer.

"so just the drinks for today?" she asked.

"what would you recommend food-wise?" joe questioned. lillie thought for a moment.

"depends," she said. "something sweet or something savory?" 

the pair exchanged a look. 

"surprise us." natalia decided, and lillie nodded, pressing a couple of buttons on the screen.

"$12.40." lillie smiled, and joe tapped his card.

"i'll take the customers?" romy suggested, and lillie shot her a grateful look, switching spots so that romy could take the till.

lillie moved around the serving area quickly, taking a ham and cheese croissant and an apple and cinnamon muffin from the cooler and placing them in the warming oven, before moving to make the coffees.

"so what time do you finish today?" joe's voice came and lillie looked up to find the taller man leaning against the counter watching her, as natalia sat at a table in the corner, pretending she wasn't watching them.

"i finish at 5, when we close." lillie said. "why?"

"i've finished for the day so i was wondering if you'd like to go somewhere? we could go for a walk if you'd like?" he suggested, and lillie's heart fluttered.

"i'd love that." she grinned. joe's face lit up.

"cool, so i'll come back here at 5 then? how do you get here?"

"carpooled with romy today." lillie pushed his drink across the counter at him, focusing her attention on finishing natalia's.

"so i'll pick you up then?" he asked, and lillie nodded.