♡six♡

just after 9am lillie pulled into the guest carpark of joe's building and shot the boy a quick text that they had arrived.

"you ready ase?" she questioned, as joe texted back saying he'd buzz them in once they got into the elevator.

"yeah." asa replied, and lillie grinned.

"let's go see joe then."

she climbed out of the car and let asa out of her seat, before picking the three year old up and making their way up to joe's floor.

lillie's heart was racing as she knocked on the door to joe's apartment, waiting patiently until the door opened, revealing joe, a tea towel thrown over his shoulder.

"hey." lillie grinned, as joe moved to kiss her cheek in a greeting. he stepped back, smiling sweetly at asa.

"hi asa! my name is joe." he said, his tone soft.

"hi." asa smiled shyly, leaning into her mother.

"she'll take a little bit to warm up." lillie informed him.

"that's okay." joe grinned. "you wanna come in? i'm just finishing washing the dishes."

"how very normal and domestic of you, superstar." lillie teased, entering the small apartment.

"my maid was busy today." he joked. lillie laughed, putting asa down on the ground.

"i made some sandwiches by the way. i figured we could take them with us to eat, instead of buying food for lunch. there's ham and cheese, cheese and tomato, egg, and peanut butter. i wasn't sure what asa would eat so i made a few different types." joe said. lillie's heart skipped in adoration, her eyes firmly on asa, who had wandered over to the window and was now pressing her face to the glass.

"that's really sweet of you." lillie smiled. "as for ase, she'll happily eat ham and cheese. and i love a good cheese and tomato sandwich."

"i'll keep that in mind." joe replied, putting the last plate away before turning back around, his eyes landing on asa, a grin appearing on his face.

"we live in a one story house, she's never seen a view like this before." lillie explained.

"you'll have to bring her over one night then. the lights are beautiful." joe said, and lillie smiled.

"i'm sure she'd love that." she agreed.

"mama, look!" asa called. lillie moved over to where the three year old was, cringing at the tiny hand and face prints that now covered joe's window.

"what is it?" lillie questioned. asa pointed a tiny finger.

"there's a puppy." she said, and lillie squinted, trying to find the dog in question.

"that's zeus." joe's voice came from behind them. "he lives downstairs."

"zeus?" asa repeated, looking up at joe shyly. he nodded.

"he's very nice. and he loves to play, especially with his ball." he said, and asa grinned, her shyness already forgotten. "maybe you can meet him another day."

"i wanna play with him." she agreed, and joe smiled.

"i'll talk to his dad then and see what we can organise. if that's okay with you, of course." he shot lillie a questioning look and the young mother nodded.

"as long as his family don't mind." she replied.

"they won't, i know they won't." joe assured her.

"wow!" asa gasped, and lillie and joe focused their attention back on the three year old, who was now watching the cars across the street.