Falling Petals

She's falling.

She knows that. But why?

------------------------------------------------

A young teen girl awoke to a room of darkness. She was floating aimlessly with no end goal in sight. It was comforting to her but she didn't know why. Her curly hair floated in front of her face, obstructing her vision just a bit. She was curled up and comfy. She didn't want to uncurl and look around.

A bright light appearing in front of her forced her too. It was warm but harsh, causing her to squint. The faint shape of a horse-like quadrupedal being could be seen in the light. "Welcome to my realm, located beyond both time and space," it said, "It is well that thou art here."

She was confused. Why was it well that she was there? Why is she there? Those questions swirled around in her head as the being continued to speak. "I am that which the humans call Arceus."

'Arceus...?'

"Ochako... Soon thou shalt find thyself in a world strange to thee. A world inhabited by wondrous creatures that humans call 'Pokémon.'"

'Pokémon? Is that what that is? Wait, how does it know my name?'

"Ochako... Seek out all Pokémon, and thou shalt find me once more."

The light seemed to dim and left her with more questions than answers. At that moment, gravity seemed to have returned and she started to fall. She screamed and tried to grab onto anything but nothing came in her grasp. She felt something leave her pocket and looked around just to see her flip phone floating away. She reached out to grab it only for it to float farther and farther.

A bunch of lights started flashing around her. They soon materialized into actual lights and surrounded her phone. They moved past it and formed into the being in the light. It was still glowing but more features could be made out. She didn't even realize she was floating again when it reared its head and surrounded her phone with a ball of light. Said ball of light flew into her hands.

She looked up in awe at the being as the light started to swirl around her. As everything began to go white, she could only feel comfort as her eyes closed once more.

------------------------------------------------

"WAKE UP!" a voice yelled, "Ooh... Do wake up, won't you?"

She groaned and turned her head to where the noise was coming from. Her eyes fluttered open and she was greeted with the sight of three strange creatures and the shoes of a strange man. She could hear waves crashing into the sand from behind her as her hearing started to clear up.

"Are you alive my girl?!" the man questioned. She looked up to see him standing over her worriedly.  She got up slowly and looked around. They were standing on a little beach. A shack was over in a little natural corner and the surrounding area was filled with hills. In the distance was a mountain with a rift spilling lightning over it.

The man smiled softly at her and crossed his arms. "You gave me quite the shock, falling from the sky like that," he said. She tilted her head. Falling? From the sky? "But that goodness you seem unharmed!" he continued. She did a quick lookover of the man now that most of her vision returned.

He had dark skin with some facial hair around his mouth. His hair was covered by a lavender woolen hat with a big puff. He was wearing a lavender button up with a white collar and a black bowtie with a brown wool vest with three golden buttons over it. He also wore a white lab coat with many pockets. One of them had an emblem written in gold. He had dark gray slacks on with thin golden stripes going down vertically. His black and brown boots completed the look, with two gold buttons on each one.