chapter five

"when i show you this i need to you stay calm." rafe said anxiously as he continued driving down the street, way faster than he should be.

the girl took a deep breathe before whispering, "okay." she was secretly a little scared for what he was going to show her.

he pulled up his shirt revealing a gun in his waste band, and a minor stab wound above it.

she was completely shocked but finally said, "rafe pull over the car." "no, no, no i told you that you couldn't freak out." he rambled on.

"i'm not upset." she said cautiously. "but you shouldn't be driving."

he argued for a minute, but finally pulled over the car. she quickly got out and ran over to his side, he opened the door for her and she lifted up his shirt. she could barley see anything there was so much blood. "rafe who did this?" she whispered as she took off her flannel.

"my dealer." he mumbled before she started to wrap the flannel around him. "this is going to hurt." she said. he nodded before she tied it tightly around the wound.

he groaned in pain before slowly getting out of the car. valentina helped him into the passengers side before she got in the other seat.

she drove as fast as she could to a hospital while rafe sat in silence. the next thing she knew she was being attacked with questions in a hospital lobby.

"what happened?"
"who did this to him?"
"what is your relation to the patient?"
"were you there when this happened?" a bunch of doctors and nurses asked a once.

"someone stabbed him, i don't know." she lied, not wanting to reveal who had done it. "i'm his friend, well best friend." she said stuttering.

"just let me see him." she finally spoke up. "sorry sweetie, but it's family only."

"shit no you can't call his dad." she yelled as she pushed by the hospital staff. she ran through the er until she finally saw him.

she ran over to rafe and hugged him like her life depened on it. she whispered into his ear, "i didn't tell them, you know who did it and i said not to call ward."

he gave her a small smiled before a nurse who was chasing her ran into the room.

"you can't be in here miss." the nurse stated. "yes she can i want to see her." rafe said with an annoyed tone. "and your not calling my fucking father."

she finally let go of him and asked, "is he going to be fine?" she hadn't even realized that she had started crying.

"he'll be alright. we did a few stitches and the wound should heal on it's own. we would just like to keep him overnight for ob-" the nurse explained before rafe cut her off. "i'm not staying overnight, just give me a form to sign and i'm out of here."

"rafe, maybe you should just stay." valentina said as she started to tear up. "i want you to be okay."

"i'll be fine val, i just want to go home." he said annoyed. "please." she whispered and he let his head fall back. "fine i'll stay." he said rolling his eyes.

"thank you." she said letting out a breathe she didn't know she was holding in. he patted the bed next to him and she sat down.

"visiting hours are actually over." the nurse said from the doorway. "i'm only staying if she is." he said and valentina smiled.

"okay fine, but only this once." the nurse responded as she left and shut the door. "so you want me to stay with you cameron?" the girl asked with a smile.

"only if you want." he said as she laid down. he naturally put his arm around her head. "i mean i'd never pass up a sleepover, even if it's in a hospital."