Chapter 4

Morning came, James slowly get up and yawned. "Ah." He felt the pain on his back. He slowly went out of his room and just remembered that it's Saturday. As he go down, he put his hand on the railing for support. He heard the TV playing on a low volume and saw his mom cooking breakfast. "Oh! You're awake." His mom smiled as she turned around while cooking. Even just a smile, it doesn't look safe for him. Forgetting what happened yesterday and hoping that his mom just let it go to what happened yesterday.

His mother placed the eggs and bacon on the plate, and put it on the table. As James waited for the breakfast he went to the living room and sit down on the sofa and watched what's playing on the TV. It was a commercial then came a new for the morning.

Breaking News, two elementary students were hit by a truck and left dead on the road Xxxx....

It was confirmed that the incident happened where there's no CCTV camera around..... and now looking for the driver....

James watched the news seriously and the pictures that has been taken at the scene has been blurred out.

Their parents said that they're just going out to play outside after coming back from school.  

It says that there's supposed to be three kids but only two kids found dead on the road and one was missing....

The police started investigating.....

No traces about the missing kid...

Parents left devastated and broken about their children who lost their lives.....

James watched closely and saw the identities has been revealed.

Raven Jones

Jack Martin

His eyes widened a bit when he just saw the names, it was the names of his classmates, the classmates who keep teasing him everyday he go to school.. as he recalled that three of them always together so he assumed that Timothy (the one who keep teasing him) is the one who is missing.

He blinked when the TV turned off by itself and he turned around and saw his mother standing behind the sofa with the remote in her hand. "Mom, I'm still watching...." James frowned. "Don't watch news, it's not good for kids. Come on, breakfast is ready." His mother went back to the kitchen. He was confused, news not good for kids? But still he can't believe it, something just bad happened to his classmates and he doesn't feel good.

They're may be annoying for other students but he never got annoyed by them. On his way to the table, he spaced out as he sit down on the chair. He doesn't know how to react but inside he felt bad. "I'm going somewhere, wanna come?" His mother asks while eating. He came back to reality and didn't seem to heard the question clearly. "Uh...."

"Ah! Right, is your back is okay?" His mother stands up and went to him. "It's fine, I'm okay." James said. His mother stepped back looked worried. Then James decided to stay home as his mother is going somewhere. Probably gonna visit grandpa...

Since his back hurts he can't go and have to stay home. He didn't say anything more and just agreed that he'll stay home. As his mother hesitates, James assured her that he'll be all right by himself.

James see his mother off and waved goodbye. He locked the door and James suddenly felt tired and carefully putting his body on the sofa. He put his hands on his stomach as he layed down. Then he heard something. He heard a clap in the kitchen. His eyes stayed open and suddenly felt scared but trying not to be scared. He held his breath and waited if he'll hear it again. He flinched when the clapped seems to be close but far from him. He slowly get himself up and looked at the hall.

His heart beat faster as he tries to calm down a bit. His pupils shakes and told his self that he must be just hearing things. He nodded to his self and set his feet on the floor, about to walk away from the living room as he felt scared and went upstairs. As he got upstairs, he slowly walk to his room. He opened the door, went inside and closed the door behind him. He exhaled and decided to forget about it but it didn't leave his head. He went to bed and covered himself with the blanket. He hid under the blanket and tried to fall asleep. In the noon already feeling scared.

Then, as he was hiding, the closet slowly open by itself. Then someone clapped. James opened his eyes and covered his ears, he felt it close, and he heard it close. He squeezed his eyes shut as he covered his ears, thinking that he's just hearing things. As a kid, it's normal to feel scared but James really hated to feel scared. Then he heard a second clap and decided to look where it came from. He tossed the blanket out of him and see there's no one, nothing. The closet is close and everything is okay.

He breath heavily and suddenly felt hungry. He let out a sigh before going out of his room, then when he went out of his room the closet opened by itself....again.

As he went down his heart skipped a beat when he heard a crashed in the kitchen. He quickly went in the kitchen though his back hurts a little bit. He saw a plate broken. He hesitates to come closer and don't know what to do. Then he made up his mind and walked closer to the broken plate. He carefully took the big pieces and grabbed a towel to pick the small pieces, then after he finishes up, he doesn't feel hungry anymore.

His mom said that she'll be gone for not that long, so James decided to wait for his mom. He was thinking of going to his room but he remembered about what happened, it's still scary. Then he just went to the living room again. He sat down on the sofa and grabbed a book under the small table beside the sofa. He just picked whatever he gets and read the book, he frowned when it was a scary book but he still read it.

James was reading on the sofa when he heard what sounded like footsteps in the kitchen. His pulse ramped up. It's nothing, he told himself, I'm imagining things. But then he heard a clap. Twice. He held in his breath. He was most definitely not alone. Someone was in the house.

James set aside the book, straining to hear, but his heart pounded too loudly and his breathing was harsh. James crept into the kitchen. It was empty...yet his heart wouldn't settle. Something wasn't right here. He could feel eyes on him. Then he turned around, his pulse roared and confusion flashed through him. His breath whooshed out. He shook his head and calms down as he make his way back in the living room.

Then something flashed to his head. His head turn to see the basement door...he saw the keys aren't hanging  there anymore. Without thinking he changed his direction and went to the door of the basement. His hand trembled as he reached out for the doorknob and it is locked. His curiosity is different to his feeling right now, he either felt scared and full of curiosity. He doubted what he is thinking, thinking of opening the door...but it's locked.

He looked around and think for a second. It's just like, his curiosity took over and has forgotten that he's scared earlier. He went upstairs and assumed that the keys is in his mother's room. He stood in front of his mother's room and twisted the doorknob. As he enters the room looks dry. He went inside and looked around. He saw his mother's drawer and walked towards it. As he opened the drawers, it was just clothes and nothing else.

He closed them back and looked around. He saw the vanity mirror, and has small drawer below it. But as he opened the drawer, nothing was there. He spaced out for a second and looked at the bed. There's a another drawer where the lampshade above it. As he opens it, there was screwdriver, cutter, and pen. As he pulled it more and saw a key slid from the corner. It was the key that he saw, he still remember the key. He took it and closed the drawer back.

He ran on his way down. As he reached down, he heard a car parking outside. He immediately put the key on his pocket and sprinted to the living room. He sat down and at the right time, his mom opened the door and went inside.

To be continued....