Chapter 11

Carol James journal

Was it just me when I feel something when I'm with my mom?

These days, mom has been acting different. She was not usually like this. Well, maybe she always have a tiring day....

But....

It doesn't feel good....the way how mother act is getting...

Worst...

Driving back home she then fixes her hair out of her face.

James hurriedly looked for the keys. He was still shaking from what he saw and couldn't keep himself up. He went upstairs and went straight to his mother's room. His hand shakes as he looked through the drawers. He then looked around and around then looked under the bed.

He saw a box, he pulled it and opened it. Then he saw a picture, he turned it around and it was their photos. A photo with his mom when he was a baby but the picture looked ripped in the other side. He put it in his pocket and saw a ring, envelope, jewelry, and some pictures again. He looked for the key but it's here. He closed it and put it back.

Then he looked through the shelves, he pushed the books aside and looked everywhere corner. He quickly turned around when he heard a thud, one of the books fell down. He grabbed it to put it back but when something fell from the book, maybe it was inside the book. He took it and saw....a picture? Looks like it's a half of the picture.

He turned it around and saw a man with a boy....? The background of the picture seems familiar, wasn't the picture of his mother and when he was a baby- the background was similar.

He just didn't mind it and put it back. He continued looking for the key.

While driving back home, she took something out of her pocket. It was the key for the basement.......

James couldn't find it anywhere. Then suddenly clap! He turned around as he heard the clapping again. The room suddenly felt cold. His breath trembled and he's scared again. He slowly leaned on the just making sure that no one is behind him.

He then slide to the corner and looked at the door. Clap! He was startled and glances at the ceiling and beside him. He don't know why this keep happening to him, why he keep hearing it. He squeezed his eyes shut and prayed....

He then opened his eyes, held his breath and immediately run out of the room. His heart pounded loudly that he can even hear it. Clap! Clap! Clap! His breath turned harsh as he stepped back. He run down the stairs and heard a footstep. He quickly run and the footsteps went fast. He ran and looked back but no one is there.

Then the door of the basement was open and he was late to stop running that he fell inside and roll down in the staircase. He quickly turned around and closed the door. He breath heavily and sweat running down his forehead. He hissed in pain.

The....d-door is open? H-how? James turned around and it was dark. The door was locked...but how did it open? Then the rotten smell hit his nose. He covered his nose and reach out his hand to open the light.