//A little more Understanding//

The next day at school

Billy was sitting outside at lunchtime, usually he'd sit with his group of bratty friends, Tommy and Claire. But he didn't feel like it today, maybe it was the fact Tommy messed up the basket ball game, maybe it was because he was annoyed at max. The dirty blonde didn't have a clue why he was feeling like this, he put a hand on the back of his neck. He sat there for 30 minutes until his phone went off, he took it out of his pocket as he turned it on and looked at it. It was max, she was going to go to Steve's house again after school. Billy scoffed and put his phone on the table, than he finally stood up picking his phone up putting it in his pocket before walking off. Steve was in the hall beside his locker opening it, he was not very happy to know that Billy was hitting max. As the blonde walked past him Steve could see Tommy hit Billy's shoulder, "where were you at lunch bill?" He asked him in an annoying voice. "Yeah big boy!~ we were waiting for your muscles!" Claire laughed. The brunette could see the annoyance on Billy's face, as Billy glanced at Steve as there eyes met, Steve's deep brown and hazel eyes, met Billy's Ocean blue with a hint if grey eyes. They stared at eachother's eyes for 20 seconds before Claire waved a hand in front if Billy's face, Billy blinked and turned his back walking off. Steve watched him walk away, he clenched his fists tightly. Was he thinking he could get away with hurting Maxine everyday? The brunette wasn't going to allowed that, as Harrington got an idea. He went over to max, "hey Max you have a second?" Steve asked her, max looked up at him. "Steve what do you want?" She kept looking at him, "I found a way to get back at Billy for hurting you." Max raised an eyebrow, "what is it?"

The plan

Steve walked to the principals office with Maxine, Maxine who was totally nervous was playing with her hoodie strings. Steve put a hand on her cold and trembling shoulder, the ginger took a breath and walked up to the front desk. "Uh...can I speak to the principal please?" Max asked the person at the front desk, the Receptionist looked up at her. "He is in his office to the right, don't take too long." Maxine nodded and looked back at Steve before taking a big breath and walking into the office, "Sir..?" The principal looked at her, "What do you need Miss Mayfeild?" Max came and sat down on the chair in front of the principals desk, as she looked at the ground her red hair falling in her face. "..well my step brother Billy hargrove has been Hitting me everyday after school." She told him. Steve was waiting in the office as he was leaned on the wall, he crossed his arms and tapped his foot to the ground in a pattern. He patiently waited for Maxine, 25 minutes later Maxine walked out to him and looked up at him with her greenish blue eyes. "How'd It go?" Steve asked her, he will never admit it to the ginger headed girl, but Steve cared for her like she was sis Daughter. "They're going to contact Billy's dad, and my mom." The ginger told him with what seemed to be a slight smile on her face, Steve smiled at her warmly. "Told you it would work!"

After School

Billy was waiting for Maxine at his car, he was leaned on the hood of it with a cigarette in his mouth. Maxine walked to it and opened the passenger side door, as Billy took the cigarette out of his mouth and blew the smoke out. "You're late." Billy threw the cigarette behind him, as he opened his door and got inside the mint and ash scented car. "I was just talking to Steve," she sat in the car closing her door, than she put the seat belt on. Billy turned the car on and rolled up the tinted windows, "what did we talk about." Billy added on and looked at her with a annoyed face. Maxine didn't look at him, "come on Billy I have a hang out to get to! So just shut up so we can-" she out her hands up but Billy grabbed her wrist tightly. And pulled her to him, his Eyes dead locked onto hers. "What did i say about Talking back. Do it again and see what happens." Billy throws her wrist away and started to drive out of the parking lot, as Maxine held her wrist and looked out the window tears forming in her eyes.

At the house...

Billy pulled into the garage and turned off the car, max opened her door hoping out slamming it. Billy got out slamming his door as they both walk up to the house, Billy reached for the door knob and took ahold of it. Strange it was already un locked, he opened the door as he walked in than max. Billy felt his heart shallow as he saw his dad towering over him like a sky scraper, his expression very annoyed and frustrated. Billy knew something was going to happen, "Maxine please go to your room." Mr. Hargrove told Maxine, she raised an eyebrow but walked to her room very confused. Billy felt more anxious than before, as Mr. Hargrove walked up to him.

SMACK

Billy's Whole left cheek went Cherry red, it stung like hell. Billy put a hand on his left cheek, "Why the hell did I get a call from the school saying your hitting Maxine!?" Mr. Hargrove yelled and shouted at him, Billy had terror in his eyes but also pure anger that she told on him. He opened his mouth to speak, SMACK  the frightened blonde stumbled backwards a bit as his lip started to bleed a bit on the left side, as now his red cheek Looked like a bruise. "ENOUGH! I don't want to hear anymore excuses! You won't again lay a finger on Maxine isn't that right?" Mr. Hargrove firmly told him, Billy only started at him, hatred and Horror in his eyes as he held back his tears. "ISN'T THAT RIGHT!?" Mr Hargrove yelled at him again. Billy finally spoke in a mumble that Could barely be heard. "I'm sorry I couldn't hear you." Mr. Hargrove lectured him, as Billy spoke a bit louder. "Yes..sir." Billy told him as Mr. Hargrove walked off into another room, Billy walked to his room closing the door as he leaned on the wall as one tear, as cold as rain water, fell down his cheek to his chin. What did I do to deserve a bastard of a father.... Billy thought to himself, as another tear fell down his cheek to his chin. If only the others knew about his secret.....if only they'd be a little more understanding, than just maybe he'd be saved from this hell.