𝚝𝚠𝚘 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚔𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚊 𝚜𝚎𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚝 | 𝟿 𝙰𝚞𝚐𝚞𝚜𝚝

╔

╔. ■ .═══════╗

9 August 2005

TUESDAY

╚═══════. ■ .╝

𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐒 few days, [y/n] and Mikey practically lived at the hospital with Draken.

The first two days, Draken hadn't woken up, so it mainly involved [y/n] and Mikey talking to him about their days and how everyone else was doing. When he did finally awaken, [y/n] took the liberty of bringing him comic books and her DVDs so he could watch movies on the hospital's provided television.

Emma would usually tag along; baking Draken sweets even though he couldn't really stomach them just yet - and also because Mikey would get to them first.

Of course, before it started to get dark, he would shoo them out telling them they shouldn't sleep here and that he would still be there when they came back the next day.

Other than visiting Draken, [y/n] had another thing on her agenda; and that was speaking to Takemichi. However, it appeared that he was going out of his way to avoid her, even though they both knew they had to talk. So [y/n] just decided to wait until they bumped into each other; which was an inevitability.

It was nearing the afternoon, and it was [y/n]'s turn to get the lunch for herself and Mikey. She had opted for the small shopping centre a few blocks away from the hospital as she had promised her mother that she would pick up some spices for dinner later that evening.

[y/n] first grabbed some pre-made sushi, before heading down the aisle that stored dorayaki - as per requested by Mikey, when she then came face to face with the blonde that had been avoiding her like the plague.

Takemichi hadn't appeared to notice her as he was still focused on looking through the various pastas, one hand holding a piece of paper and the other a shopping basket.

"Hey, Takemichi," [y/n] spoke, coming to stand next to the oblivious boy.

"AHH!" He screams, jumping away, "oh... [y/n]? Hey..." Takemichi mumbles, feigning some sort of innocence.

[y/n] raises her brow, "you've been avoiding me?" She observes, cocking her head to the side.

"W-What? No..." Takemichi attempts to brush it off, slowly walking backwards, and away from the scene.

"We need to talk," [y/n] states, "about your... time traveling ability?" She more questions herself, unsure of what to call it.

Takemichi slumps his shoulders, knowing that he now has to come clean, "it's kinda hard to explain; but I can jump consciousnesses from my future self to myself in this time," he begins, [y/n] slowly nodding along, "to go back to my time I have to shake hands with Hina's brother." Takemichi concludes.

"So can you choose what time you want to go to?" [y/n] then questions, "what time do you originate?"

"Well for you first question, no, I cant choose. I can only leap exactly between 12 years; so technically, today, I originate 9th of August, 2017," Takemichi answers.

"Huh... so this is kind of like a second chance to re-do your life?" [y/n] concludes, and Takemichi nods in agreement.

[y/n] then asks, "what have you changed so far?"

Takemichi seems to pause, a now depressing aura cascading over him, "well I used to have no affiliation with Toman... and... Draken was supposed to die August 3rd," he states, words falling into a hushed tone.

"He... was supposed to die?" [y/n] asks, looking away, emotion bubbling in her stomach.

She looked down at the food she way carrying, now knowing that these lunch trips she was doing wasn't really what was supposed to happen - she wasn't supposed to be bringing lunch back to the hospital to spend more time with Draken.

Draken wasn't supposed to have more time.

"Thank you, Takemichi," [y/n] then says, sincerity prevalent in her tone.

Takemichi gives her a knowing smile, something he seemed to do often, and now [y/n] knew the reason.

"But, I do have one more question," [y/n] asks, and Takemichi gives her a nod to go ahead.

"You're here, helping Toman... something bad happens to Toman, doesn't it? And it affects everyone, as you said that you used to have no affiliation," [y/n] asks.

[y/n] deep down already knew the answer, but seemed to need Takemichi to tell her - to solidify their fate.

"Yes," Takemichi responds simply, "but Draken's death was what put it in action," he then continues.

[y/n] nods, brows creasing, "well, I'll let you get back to choosing your pasta," she comments with a smile, "don't worry, I won't tell anyone."

"Thank you, [l/n]!" Takemichi bows, making [y/n] chuckle.

As [y/n] began to leave, she pauses, turning back around, "since you've saved Toman, does that mean you're going back to your time?" [y/n] asks, making Takemichi turn back to her.

Takemichi solemnly nods his head.

"Does that mean, since I'm talking to future you, that 2005 you won't know anything that has happened," [y/n] hypothesised.

He nods his head once again.

[y/n] smiles, "well then, I'll see you soon, whether it be future or present you," she finishes, before turning to leave, picking up the two bottles of spices on the way.

"I'll see you soon..." Takemichi mutters under his breath, watching as she rounds the corner, disappearing out of sight.

And what neither of them knew, is that they will be seeing each other again sooner than expected.

| 909 words |