Chapter Thirty Nine

"I don't know how I feel about this," Leo muttered.

"Oh, come on," Quinn replied with a roll of their eyes. "I have plenty of siblings. Trust me, I can babysit a nine year old for a few hours."

"If you burn down my house then I'll ask Kai to fail you in history class," Leo said.

"What kind of a lame threat is that?" Quinn scoffed. "Mr. Nahar loves me."

"I doubt he'd still love you very much if you burn down his house," Leo retorted matter-of-factly.

"I'm not burning down any house!" Quinn exclaimed.

"Fine," Leo grumbled. "If anything happens, and by that I mean anything then you give me a call, okay? I texted you all the things that Maya is allergic to."

"Yes, I've got it. No nuts and no shellfish. Trust me, we'll be fine," Quinn said. "You go and enjoy your date, mister."

"Okay," Leo nodded. "Thank you for doing this, by the way."

"I'm just a best friend making sure their best friend gets laid." Quinn grinned. "Besides, Maya is awesome."

"We're just going out for dinner, nobody is going to get laid," Leo sighed.

"But—"

"Not in public!"

"You're getting late." Quinn pointed out.

"Oh fu— crap. Thanks. Okay. Bye. Take care and give me a call if anything happens, and drop me text updates, oh and please don't burn down my house."

"Tick tock," Quinn replied in a bored tone as they tapped a finger on their wrist.

Leo sighed but turned around and jogged towards his car. Roan and Kai were out for the night, they were at some important work party. Unfortunately, it turned out to be during the evening when Leo had planned his first date with Milan. He was going to cancel, considering someone had to be there to look out for Maya, but thankfully Quinn stepped in and offered to babysit.

Even though the two had been dating for a few months now, they never had the chance to go out on a proper first date. Leo was really adamant on going out before they got busy with their finals, and it was now finally the night.

Leo drove down the street to pick up Milan for their date. He had been seeing Milan almost every day ever since he met him, but for some reason, he felt nervous. Like it really was the first time. He got out of his car, and walked over to Milan's door to knock.

Leo expected Milan to open the door, so he was taken aback when he came face to face with Milan's mother. He had only seen her once before, and he could tell by her expression then that she didn't like him. Even though Milan told him that she was accepting of their relationship, it still felt uncomfortable.

"Mrs. Seong," Leo greeted. "I'm here to pick up Milan."

She nodded, before yelling out Milan's name. Milan replied with a 'one minute', making her turn to face Leo again. The two stared at each other with matching stoic expressions, before she sighed and finally spoke up.

"You don't have to be so tense around me," she said. "I know I wasn't very nice to you when we first met but... as long as you make Milan happy, that's all what matters."

"Seeing him happy is all I want too," Leo replied in all seriousness.

"Good," she nodded. "Good. Don't hurt him."

"You got it." Leo gave her a small smile, which she hesitantly returned.

The sound of footsteps interrupted the two. Leo looked behind her to see Milan coming down the stairs with a grin on his face and a hand behind his back. Milan's mom reminded Milan to be back in time for his curfew, to which he told her not to worry. With that, she went inside the living room, leaving the two alone.