Chapter 2

~Birdo had just finished climbing up, joining the likes of Waluigi, Yoshi, Toad and Toadette.

"We'll be back as soon as we can," Waluigi assured.

"Be careful!" Mario hollered from below.

"Wait!" Yoshi pointed to his bare left foot, wiggling his toes. "My shoe."

"Eww," Waluigi jumped away. "Keep those nasty-ass feet away from me."

Luigi rolled his eyes and picked up Yoshi's shoe, holding it above his head for him to grab.

"Thanks," Yoshi chuckled nervously, kneeling down and taking the shoe.

"Okay, good luck," Mario told them.

With that, the group turned away from the hole in the floor, and instead to the new task at hand.

"Alright, so where do we go?" Yoshi asked.

"We're one floor above, so we'll need to find a stairway down," Waluigi explained.

"There was no door to the room though," Toadette reminded him. "Looks like we'll need to find a different method."

"Shit, you're right," Waluigi scratched his forehead. "Any ideas?"

"Let's just go down there," Toad urged. "There has to be a control panel or something to let them escape."

"What about Bowser?" Yoshi whispered. "He's around here somewhere, he said he was gonna 'figure it out.' That might mean looking at security footage or something."

"We don't know how he'll act, he might lock us up again," Waluigi said, hesitant.

"We've gotta take risks, we can't leave them trapped there forever," Birdo argued.

"Alright, alright," Waluigi gave in. "We'll get them first. Where are we anyways?"

The group was standing in the middle of a dark room. There were piles of brown boxes near one end, and a door on the other.

"Maybe some storage room?" Yoshi said. "I don't exactly know the layout to this place."

"Alright, let's go," Waluigi lead the group, heading for the door.

Once there, he slightly opened it, peeking his head through.

"What do you see?" Toad whispered.

"We're clear," Waluigi informed them. "C'mon."

Yoshi was the first to follow him out of the storage room, the others close behind.

Waluigi was carefully leading the group down the hall. With each step, they passed by many different rooms, and paintings of Bowser and his spoils of war, articulated down to the smallest detail.

"I need to meet the artist," Toadette said, impressed.

"If we ever find a way out of here," Birdo snarled.

Near the end of the hallway, they could see a staircase, presumably leading down to the floor below.

A few more minutes of walking passed by, nobody saying a word.