02 | family bonding

Family dinners were great, especially when there was two couples, a lonely Jason Todd, a missing Dick Grayson and a quote on quote father or father in law.

It was evident Virgil and Svetlana had slipped into the family, as soon as they became apart of it. When Bruce adopted Jason he basically adopted the Mexican. When Damian began to date Svetlana, the girl practically lived there more then his own kids.

Svetlana tended to sit between Damian and Jason - the older one often catching her head when she was practically falling asleep whilst Damian, Tim and Virgil bickered over the table and Bruce sat between his two sons (him at the head of the table) regretting even mentioning family dinner. Sometimes Alfred joined them, sometimes Bruce's other children joined them — adopted and otherwise.

But today it was the five and Jason all day together. Bruce was desperate for get them to bond. He wanted his second son to not be as off with Tim as he was as.

Despite how much Jason supported Tim and Virgil, there were days he hated it. Virgil was his best friend! And Tim was his replacement! Virgil moved on! Tim was there. Virgil grieved! Tim was his shoulder to cry on! Jason was just the friend, no longer Virgil's number one, or rather number two. Virgil's mum would always be more important. Then again the woman was simply amazing, more of a mother to Jason then his own mother was.

Jason sat next to Svetlana, cutting his meat in silence as she ate her pasta.

The Wayne and co family were lucky to have someone like Alfred. A man happy to cook for their different diets. Virgil didn't follow a diet, neither did Jason both happily ate anything and everything, then again the two were raised practically homeless and was thankful for any food and couldn't bring themselves to leave waste. Svetlana and Damian were strictly vegetarian, influenced by the excessive amount of the blood the two had on their hands. Bruce and Tim follows strict diets that was meant to be best for their fitness, though (due to Virgil) Tim wasn't as harsh on himself and wouldn't necessarily be too interested in the food on the plate long as there was something that benefitted him.

Meals often varied around the table. The teenagers had pasta. The older four had some sort of meat and salad, though Jason and Virgil were sharing a portion of chips they had pleaded Alfred for.

Virgil looked at Jason, a grin on his face. Jason knew that grin. His eyes rolled before he stared back at his best friend. "What?"

"Nike, eh?" He muttered, glancing down at the shirt the much buffer man was wearing.

"Yes?"

"She feel good?"

Jason choked slightly. The blondes hand was instantly on his back whilst Damian clawed her off saying dead men should stay dead — Svetlana scowled at him. "Excuse me?"

"The girl? The fit one? Tall, little darker then me but lighter then Damian, long hair in a braid, always flirting with you?"

"Distracting." Damian coughed out.

Virgil raised a brow at the boy. "You work with your girlfriend, he can work with his. Can it, your five two, people under five six don't have an opinion."

"Hey!"

"Unless they're Svetlana."

"Da."

Damian rolled his eyes. Svetlana placed her hand on his thigh and squeezed it, giving him a quick kiss on the cheek before going back to her pasta. Every time her lips met his cheeks, they would warm, he believed they probably would look bright red if he was pale like his girlfriend, luckily his dark skin hid it.

Virgil rolled his eyes at the teenagers, mocking throwing up — which led to him getting scowled at for his behaviour, by his own boyfriend and laughed at by his best friend. "Anyway, away from boring small people. Jason has a crush, and it's funny as."

"As what?" Damian questioned, starting at the nineteen years old.

"As ... Uhm... as something funny."

"Well covered, virgin."

"Thanks, Jay, always a pleasure."

"That's what she said."

"Did she, Jay?"

"I'm not a virg—"

Bruce sighed heavily, hand in his forehead. "When your both done."

Virgil gave the adult a thumbs up before sticking his tongue out at his best friend. "Gosh, I'm trying to make Jason turn red, can everyone stop interrupting?"

"This is boring." Svetlana declared. "Jason has a liking for Nike, Nike makes him flustered. You said this yesterday. The same game, play a differently. Jason thinks about Nike with sexual intent, remember that, okay that game Virgil."

"I-" Jason stared at the blonde between him and his youngest brother. "I don't. No."

Virgil was not impressed