04 | pretty girl

Zara Marriott hated her manager. He was vile. A middle aged man who believed he was so much better then everyone else with his fake designer clothes, his cheap boots and cologne. Every time he came to her apartment she always made sure to do a deep clean after. Cigarette ash often covered her kitchen island (if her mother saw, she would be dead).

The eighteen year old tapped her blood red nails on the polished oak and pursed her lips. "You're really here about twitter?"

Ralph Edwards took a gulp out of the cafe brought coffee before nodding. "The Waynes are big. You're often battling them to be important, last week it was Damian Wayne and that Russian kid-"

"Svetlana, she's cute."

"But after your interaction with them, I realised something."

Zara rolled her eyes. His ideas were never good, the last one had her led her to being hospitalised for three days due to a very near death that had lead to her passing out down a flight of stairs (or three).

"How about I set you and Tim Drake up, think about it."

"No." Zara scoffed, she slipped off her chair. "Where are the scales?"

Her manager opened the brief case and pulled them out. He passed the glass to her. Zara laid it down on the floor, undid her dressing gown as stood in front of her manager in a red matching set.

"Get on them, I'll measure after."

She nodded, the tall woman stepped on. This was always the worst part of his visit. The part where he'd limit her diet, shame her and do whatever else he wanted to do.

She huffed, folded her arms across her stomach, fingers gripping her waist. She hated staring down at the scale and seeing the blaring numbers of her weight. She hated that after that came the measurements of her waist, arms and thighs.

She hated this!

Ralph sure took his time, his eyes raked over her tanned skin, enjoying the contrast between her and the red set. She hated how slow his fingers would move around her skin to take measurements.

"You're nearly on target."

She signed, stepping off the scale. The satin gown wrapped around her, she tied it in a nice bow and sat down. "What's the new diet?"

And as he listed down her newly restricted foods and what days and times she could eat she found herself feeling worse and worse.

"How am I supposed to survive?"

"You have your supplements." Ralph told her, packing away the equipment. "I'm going to try hook you up with Tim Drake, he will do perfect for your publicity, think of the money we could bring in."

She hummed to him, laying her arms on the counter, her head on top of them. "Do you ever bring good news?" Zara asked. "But, I can't use someone for publicity, that's completely unfair to use his family status."

Ralph shook his head, slamming the closed case onto the counter. Zara jumped out of skin. "You need to be selfish to get up in the world. He benefits just as much. You will connect with him, you will bring me in money. You will."

Zara nodded, blowing some hair out of her face. "Whatever floats your boat." It was easier to agree then to deal with an argument. "This isnt going to go well. Tim Drake is a sensation because of some rumours-"

"And that's where you step in. You will make it so people don't think he's gay." Ralph spoke with venom - Zara scoffed.

"I mean it's a great cover, but people will still be sceptical, Drake is clever he'll realise that too."