Warbringer(Perseus)

'Zoë,' Perseus tried to keep his voice calm. 'Why did you return?'

  Zoë's eyes widened. 'Are you not happy to see me?'

  'I am. But not here. This is the warzone. I am attacking today. Helios the Flame, and Aether the Light, my closest attendants, has promised that today is the best day to attack.'

  'But, my father,' she tried. Perseus frowned. 'Who?'

  'My father,' Zoë repeated. 'He is Kyrojel's closest advisor.'

  Perseus's eyes narrowed. 'Atlas? Are you talking about him?'

  Zoë narrowed her eyes. 'Does it matter that my father is Atlas?'

  'I do not care who peoples parents are, I only care who they are.'

  A wave of relief washed over Zoë. 'Thank you, Perseus. I see you are not like most other males.'

  Out of fear, we kept running

  A shout came across the field and in a split second the entire right hand side of the field was covered in silver clad warriors. Perseus looked at them and swore.

  'Their Kyrojel's best warriors! RUN!' Both obliged happily and took off to the opposite side, leaving the oak tree and statue far behind them. They kept running, fearfully, as both knew they couldn't fight against their nest warriors.

  Tried to hide away

  Thirty minutes later they were hiding in a cave that was hard to find. Perseus leaned against the wall with his legs crossed. Zoë was sitting crossed legged and threw a rock to the entrance of the cave which made a clang noise. All of a sudden Perseus sat up and listened to the conversation in his head. A voice projects out loud.

  'Perseus, I don't know where you are,' said a voice that was light, melodic and spiritual.

  'The battlefield is not yet prepared Aether,' Perseus whispered.

  'But the entire rebellion is on standby,' a female voice cried.

  'Hemera,' Perseus said, 'tell them to return to base and then when on my orders attack.' Hemera the Day was Aether's girlfriend and a strong friend to Perseus. But another voice interrupted him.

  'Perseus,' a deep strong voice said, 'we don't have much time. Scouts have reported that the enemy warriors have begun to set traps and barricades on the battlefield.'

  'Helios, my word is command and if my command is interrupted then so shall be you.'

  'Understood, m'lord.' Perseus waved it off.

  'What did I tell you about calling me lord?'

  'Sorry to interrupt Perseus, but the rebellion has been getting impatient and are rallying themselves,' Aether said. Perseus looked at Zoë and said, 'Hold on a minute,' before promptly turning off the call. He walked towards Zoë and said, 'You fine down there?'

  She nodded. He held out his hand. 'You need to get somewhere safe. You have to. I will come back to you but this is war. You need to stay away from it. It calls me to it and I don't want you to be involved in it.'

  Zoë nodded sadly. 'Goodbye Perseus.' He merely nodded. She walked out of the cave and Perseus widened his eyes when he saw a pure white staff in her hand. She muttered some incantations and soon enough a part of land rose from the ground and lifted her off and into the sky.

  Can't you see, war is coming,

  Beckoning our fate

***