The Collapse Of An Era(Chapter 1)

Hi everyone, this will be my first time writing I don't know how professional and clean I could make this story but ill try my best.

I suck at English so, please forgive me in advance for any grammatical errors.

Please enjoy!
______________________________________

USA, Philadelphia, Independence Hall
April 22, 2086
4:00 PM

The sun is barely shining as white clouds dominates the skies, the temperature is near perfect not too cold not too hot.

A man in a black formal suit stood in front of a podium surrounded by what it seems like a crowd of people wearing the same outfit as him.

Around the corners, guards in formal uniforms can be seen carrying WW2 rifles.

The man stood in front of the podium, he then began his speech as everyone listened.

"Here today, I would like to open this speech to remind everyone that whatever it is that's waiting for us tomorrow, shouldn't be as bad as what we got yesterday.

A nation founded with a promise to bring equality and freedom to its citizens, it wasn't perfect since nothing is, but it is this nation that brought light to democracy and is the forefront of innovation, the nation that marched the world to refuse oppression, and most importantly and undoubtedly the nation that oversaw this planet's century-long peace, stability, and prosperity.

Challenged by time, its citizens grew unpopular or rather grew more tired of the idea of being defined as one, with sets of rules, the congress allowed the dissolution and will recognize any state that desires separation from the national government, but just like how it is before. this country's purpose is to serve its people, and thus whether a state would separate from the national government or not will be for the citizens of that state to decide.

I myself tried my hardest to keep the nation from reaching this point, a certain point I knew would mark an end of an era, even though it saddens me, it cheers me up thinking this certain point is freedom for some others.

May God bless America and its future descendants."

New York, USA
April 22, 2086
2:00 PM

"gee, Allison told you i'd be there before midnight, just please handle the paper works for me."Karl ended the call even tho he knew Allison has still got so much to rant and pocketed the phone.

In front of him a door handle he pushed, breeze of the store waved him welcome along with the pleasant smell inside, the store was relatively empty with only some costumers sitting alone either reading a book or in front of a laptop.

"ahh Ultra caramel, please" after aproching the counter he ordered.

"anything else sir?"

Karl shook his head as an answer

meanwhile, the cashier gave him the receipt and told him to wait for his drink over the counter since it will come out very soon.

not long after, he got his drink and searched for a place to settle, around the corner he found his perfect spot, he took a sip of his drink and gave out a sigh as he was able to relax for once. he reached for his phone not wanting to bother himself, he purposely avoided the emails and checked for his socials.

Scrolling through Twitter as expected its full of commemorative tweets from political personalities. in his notifications he noticed the name "musk"knowing what it is he opened the notification and just as expected its musk, the descendant of Elon replying to one of his tweet.

He chuckled as he saw the reply chain.

The reply chain: