16. MARCOS

Rage consumes me, thinking about what my poor mate has gone through

Rage consumes me, thinking about what my poor mate has gone through. How can there be so many evil beings in this world? I promise to make them pay for all the pain and suffering they've caused him.

I had to leave before I let Onix take over and go on a killing rampage. I could feel my canines extending my claws, breaking through my fingers; they didn't have any fucking idea who they were messing with. I did not let Onix take complete control and slaughter everyone who had hurt my baby.

Flashback

Walking before the nurse's station, I visited Dr. Chang's office. A woman was sitting in a chair behind the counter. She saluted me, and I nodded in appreciation.

With everything that has happened since last night, I was feeling exhausted. I've been awake for more than twenty-four hours. My body was beginning to feel the stress. At the same time, I felt excited and happy; I had found my mate. Who could have thought that he was so close to me? Guilty feelings started to fill my soul, knowing I could've prevented this from happening.

"Is not your fault, my human. We didn't know, so don't blame yourself." Onix tells me. He was right, but that doesn't lessen my rage, pain, and guilt.

"I know what you're saying is true, Onix, but that doesn't improve things. Our mate was close, and we didn't do anything to save him. I wonder why we didn't smell his scent when we first met the lawyer. Did you even whiff his scent on him, Onix?"

"No, Marcos and I find that strange, but he's finally safe with us anyway. We won't let anyone hurt him again."

"You damn right we won't; I kill anyone who even looks at his way in the wrong way, thanks." I closed the link. When I arrived, I knocked on the door and heard him say to come in; I opened it and made my way inside.

"Oh, Alpha, please take a seat." I sat on a chair in front of his desk and asked.

"How's my mate, Dr. Chang?" He took a deep breath before telling me about my mate's condition.

"Alpha, what I'm about to tell you won't be easy to hear; please keep yourself calm; your mate's condition is concerning. We were able to stop the internal bleeding. It was touch and go for
a few moments, but he made it through, but that's not the worst part. He has internal scars and tarring caused by long-term sexual abuse, broken bones that haven't completely healed yet."

"Old and new cuts and scars in his body probably made by a small knife beside the knife wound he got when he was stabbed, bruises all over his body, broken ribs, broken eye socket, he's also malnourished, dehydrated, underweight, his blood count is dangerously low we need to be prepared in case he'll need a blood transfusion, it will take a long time for him to heal, ultimately I anticipate he'll suffer some deep psychological problems, like PTSD, night terrors, severe panic and anxiety attacks, nightmares, etc."