10

As an apology and make up for missing the Sunday, Saturday deadline, here's an extra part! Sorry guys.

Eventually, Mako and Kael got down to business, packing up some gear so they could go search for Crash.

"Sir, what are we going to do about Vire? Should we leave her here alone?" Kael inquired as he slung his pack over his uninjured shoulder.

"I'm not sure. It would be safer for you to stay here with her, but I don't know who we will face when we find Crash," said Mako

"I could go with you," Vire put in.

Looking like she had just insulted him, Mako told her, "No."

"Fine."

Kael slipped on his helmet.

"So we are leaving her here?" he asked in confirmation.

"Yes." Mako turned his back on Vire and waved Kael out the door, following behind the rookie. Vire gave both a malicious look that they wouldn't have seen had they been looking at her.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Crash, now blindfolded but conscious, had been taken by Mastro to a small camp the bounty hunter had set up in the forest so he could spy on the clones. The bounty hunter threw Crash to the ground and ripped off the blindfold. Crash wriggled into a sitting position, thinking to himself how much more gentle Vire had been. Mastro walked away from Crash, parked, then switched off the speeder bike that had brought them here. This gave Crash enough time to glance around the camp and take note of his captor. Although Mastro had on a thick, brown miner's jumpsuit with a belt cinching the oversized jumpsuit around his waist, he had some sort of headset that revealed his bare, green-scaled head. A visor wrapped around to cover his eyes, and his face held a strong lizard-like resemblance. Tall, thin black boots contrasted the heavy jumpsuit and sleek weapons hung at the lizard man's side. Crash also saw that the camp was nothing more than the speeder and a long range transmitter.

That would relay our message to Coruscant easily.

The bounty hunter turned and saw Crash eyeing the transmitter, thought Crash as he eyed the machinery.

"Alright, enough looking around. Time to talk," Ktar hissed, his voice strangely human sounding. It was unnerving.

Crash looked up at the man and asked, " About what?"

Mastro smiled toothily and said, "That commander of yours."

"Commander Kell?" Crash was so lost to the reason why a lone bounty hunter wanted to know about Kell that he forgot to keep his mouth shut.

"No, the other one, Commander Hotshot." Mastro slurred the "sh" with such a tone it made Crash shiver.

Even so, he replied, "I won't tell you anything."

Mastro squatted down so that he was looking Crash in the eyes, his green visor glinting in the light of the three suns.

"You will tell me everything."

Crash, who still had his helmet on, raised his head some.

"No."

Mastro started up and pointed a clawed finger at Crash, making a sour face.

"You will tell me!" he shouted. Crash shook his head deciding it better to remain silent. The reptilian bounty hunter yanked out his blaster and pointed it at Crash's face, glaring down the barrel at the pilot.

"Tell me everything you know about Commander Hotshot," Mastro demanded sharply. Making no reply Crash gazed at the maddened bounty hunter holding him at gunpoint. Mastro growled. Hearing a faint click Crash saw the lizard man shift his weight and pull the trigger. Things went dark, again.