13

A/N: Special Thanks to @Silentx13 for being to epicly AMAZING and voting/commenting on practically this entire book! Thanks so much! 

As soon as they had reentered their previous shelter, Kael ran forward dropping his blaster onto the table.  With every indication of urgency, he snatched up the old amplifier and began changing controls since a couple of days ago it had been reverted into a projector by turning off the transmitting antenna Kael had embedded into the circular base when they needed it to project data stored in Mako's helmet.  He now switched the transmitter back on and adjusted the control to only short range.

"I need the frequency and channel of the bike," he said, looking up at Crash, who had memorized it so that they could edit the remotes coordinates.

  "Frequency and scrambled code 563219," said Crash.

Kael looked down and muttered, "Thanks."  

Working furiously, he shifted it to the right frequency then began searching for something.

  "We need to change the bike's default coordinates, I can't change them from here."

"Grab the transmitter and we'll get out of here," Mako ordered, picking up Kael's blaster.  Kael grabbed the device with his left arm and followed the others out the door.  

It only took ten minutes to reach the previous battle ground since Mako had them all moving at a fast pace.  Instantly, Kael turned on the speeder bike's systems, searching through the bike's settings looking for what he needed. The second sun was sinking below the horizon, night was falling quickly.

  "Here," the rookie muttered.  Mako watched intently as the rookie input the new coordinates. 

"There, Sir, the new destination has been set.  The transmitter is on the same frequency as the bike, and, when I tap connect, the bike will head for those coordinates," said Kael as he shoved the transmitter into Crash's pack. 

The sergeant nodded and replied, "Good work." 

  "Sir, we still need Vire," commented Crash. 

"I know, we will get her," Mako said, a little annoyed.

  Crash hastily replied,"Yessir."  

"I thought I heard you talking about me."  Vire emerged from the shadows holding one blaster, the other two holstered at her side.  

"Glad to see you made it.  We were about to go pick you up," growled Mako as she stalked closer.  Something about her made him feel on edge, like he wasn't in charge.

"Sir, the suns are setting and we're losing daylight," stated Crash, trying to break the tension. 

Mako turned and commanded, "Fine, we'd better get going then."  

Calso checked his blaster, as did Crash, and Kael got his back from Mako.  Vire just stood aside and watched, but she didn't look relaxed.  Every muscle was taut and her movement was tight.

  "Yes, lets get going," she said quietly.  

"Move out!" ordered Mako.  The clones filed past him with Vire following closely behind.  He shot a wary glance at her, but she took no notice and just kept walking.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\                                                  

    "Sir, there are bound to be Separatist ships in orbit.  Are you sure they won't notice if we're flying one of their ships?" Crash asked in a soft voice.  Mako turned slightly to look at the pilot through his visor.