Late Night Visitor

The sun shone brightly over the face of the girl sleeping by the window. Ivy's eyes fluttered open and she stretched out her hand as she woke up and rubbed her eyes.

Ouch!

"Ufff why did I cry so much!" she whimpered as she got out of bed. Whenever Ivy cried too much her eyes seems to pop out and she suffers headaches. But after what she saw yesterday her headache and eye-ache (idk how to describe) got worse than ever. She went to the bathroom and washed her face. The cold water worked some miracle but her eyes still hurt.

After brushing her teeth, and having a bath she went downstairs to have breakfast. Already most of the students had gathered there and the hall was flooded with chaos of all the voices together. Their college will start tomorrow and everybody were talking excitedly though some lazybones seemed disappointed as if a little extension of holidays could have been better.

Ivy's eyes scanned the hall and she finally spotted Kiana, sitting at the far end of the room engrossed in conversation with Ochaco; a Japanese student in their college. Ivy walked over to them and sat down.

Kiana puched her lightly and joked, "Hey missy! Why the long face huh?"

"Uh..um n-nothing ha ha I'm good." Ivy said but she felt her voice crack.

Kiana and Ochaco looked at her with concern.

"Ivy,.... anything bothering you?..Y-you don't sound good." Ochaco said and Kiana nodded.

Ivy tried to mask her pain and replied, "No guys I'm fine... seriously." But she knew she was far from being fine.

Kiana's smol POV:

What's wrong with her?! I hope she didn't fall hard for her unattainable demon king. I have to talk to her later.

Kiana's smol POV ends

Meanwhile their food arrived. They ate in silence.

Just for some noise Ochaco said casually, "Finally our college will open tomorrow. Anyway all of my notebooks are almost filled up completely so I was thinking of going out to buy some more. Wanna join?"

Kiana chewed her pickled lemons and nodded. "Sure! Ivy? You wanna come too?"

"Yup!" Ivy said without any enthusiasm.

They finished their food and went back to their rooms. Even though Ivy's head felt like exploding, she opened her phone and started to watch the next episodes of Demon Slayer Season 2.

She plugged in her earphones and sank into her dreamworld, except that she was awake.