𝓲𝓼𝓼𝓾𝓮 𝓸𝓷𝓮

a/n: to those of you who are just spectating, here's how this works. after every "chapter" is completed on discord, there is an issue of the Rosevale Gazette published. yes, I am basically being Lady Whistledown, and I love it. the Gazette reports on things that happened during each chapter, hints at what might be ahead, and will eventually begin to reveal secrets that may change how the characters interact with one another. for those of you who are involved, I'm putting this on discord too, but it's in a read-only channel. feel free to comment on things here. alright, that's it!

 alright, that's it!

Dearest Readers,

Welcome to the Season! I can promise that it will be full of whimsy, wonder, and perhaps—if we're lucky—a little heartbreak and scandal. From the very first event of the Season, it seems like there is a promising few months ahead of us. Several couples hit it off, and a few even managed to slip off, unchaperoned. That makes for exciting gossip, doesn't it?

Among the couples that seem to have quickly gotten along are Lady Julianna Harrington and Mister Christopher Streatfield. Though from what this author has heard of the Lady, she will get along quickly with anyone, whether this can be considered a good thing or not. It seems that Mister Jameson Landers and Miss Margaret Barnes have taken to each other as well after they shared a dance full of laughter.

One person even reports seeing Mister Harrison Andrews and Miss Ophelia Streatfield leaving the party in favor of standing outside, unchaperoned. One can only imagine what the two were up to on their little excursion away from the hall.

As entertaining as the ball may have been, this author has a new bit of information that has quickly surfaced. It seems that we have one late arrival to the Season. Miss Elizabeth Braggs of Willow Cottage has finally decided to grace the ton with her presence after the Season's first ball. Rumors are circulating that the reason for her untimely arrival is that she simply did not want to come. How unusual for a young lady during the Season! It seems that Miss Braggs may provide us with a bit of excitement this week, but who's to say what will happen next week?

Until then.