{12} Enlighten

~~~

"HEY!"

     The words rang out in the air, distant, yet they sounded so near. The room was nearly pitch black; what little light the dazed body of Firey gave off hadn't done much to illuminate the place. 

"HEY! HEY!"

     How strange it was to be cloaked in darkness. The once-confined world, for all you knew, suddenly stretched out into boundless territory, the tips of its fingers touching the edge of life itself. Limitless, unprovoked.

     Of course, it was also pretty goddamn terrifying.

"HEY! HEY! HEY!"

"HEY!"

"HEY!"

HEY!
HEY!

H̶̡̻͉̑͊̍̋͜E̵̬̬͘͝Y̷͔͍̝̿͑͠!̵̼̺͙̰͌̌̕

̷̹̠̦̒̅̏̋Ḫ̴͑͂̓é̸̱̪̳̘̏̑͝y̶̨̮̮̺͂̿͆̕e̶͕̗̼͂̑̽͝y̴͇͌̀̇͒

̶̮̺͋̒̒̈́H̸͇̘͝ē̸̠̇ÿ̷̥̯̜́͘h̴̨̍͐̂̚e̶͉͐y̵̯̯͎̘̎̓̏h̸̩̲̱͘͘͠ȅ̷̥̒̏y̶̻̠͑̿̂ḧ̶͖́e̴͇͈͛̉ÿ̶̧͍̱̥́͝H̵̜͉̖̐͋͝͝Ë̶̝͇̩́́͒̿Y̵̖̩̦̏͠È̵̻͓Ḥ̸̨͈́̃̂̋Ỳ̷̝̃͑E̸̺͓̹̝̔̋̂͝H̶̩̅̈́Ȩ̶̱͉̑͑͘Y̴̰̦̯̕E̵̛̬̲Ȟ̴̠̟̰̖̈́͝E̶̠̼͝Ÿ̸̙̮́H̷̗̥̬͛̓E̵͕͇̪͐̎͑̊Y̶̧̫͆E̵͉͑̀̅H̸̤͍̉

     Blocky squeezed his eyes shut, gripping his head with his hands. The voices circled around his head in hushed screams, high-pitched yet soft spoken.

     They weren't real. They couldn't be real.

     Yet they sounded so real.

     Where they real?

     He flinched. The sudden change of the lights shutting off was a bad omen - something that was bound to end up causing trouble. "Trouble" being an understatement, of course, as the last time this happened they nearly got mauled.

     He tried to recall the incident. The details of the creature's face were burned into his mind; he didn't have to try to remember the moments before his near-death experience. But somehow, despite how dire the situation was and how much cold adrenaline had rushed through his body, he couldn't grasp what he wanted to know.

     The image of the four-legged abomination always ended up twisting into something bipedal. Like his brain was trying to tell him that what he actual saw was the lanky and tall figure his memories morphed into. No matter how hard he tried, Blocky couldn't remember quite what he wanted to remember. He couldn't trace the patterns on the yellow wallpaper. He couldn't make out the sounds of the sharp-smelling anomaly.

     He couldn't place the color of the Hound's blood.

     It only ran clear.

HEY!
HEY!

H̶̡̻͉̑͊̍̋͜E̵̬̬͘͝Y̷͔͍̝̿͑͠!̵̷̼̺͙̰̹̠̦͌̌̒̅̏̋̕Ḫ̴͑͂̓é̸̱̪̳̘̏̑͝y̶̨̮̮̺͂̿͆̕e̶͕̗̼͂̑̽͝y̴̶͇̮̺͌̀̇͒͋̒̒̈́H̸͇̘͝ē̸̠̇ÿ̷̥̯̜́͘h̴̨̍͐̂̚e̶͉͐y̵̯̯͎̘̎̓̏h̸̩̲̱͘͘͠ȅ̷̥̒̏y̶̻̠͑̿̂ḧ̶͖́e̴͇͈͛̉ÿ̶̧͍̱̥́͝H̵̜͉̖̐͋͝͝Ë̶̝͇̩́́͒̿Y̵̖̩̦̏͠È̵̻͓Ḥ̸̨͈́̃̂̋Ỳ̷̝̃͑E̸̺͓̹̝̔̋̂͝H̶̩̅̈́Ȩ̶̱͉̑͑͘Y̴̰̦̯̕E̵̛̬̲Ȟ̴̠̟̰̖̈́͝E̶̠̼͝Ÿ̸̙̮́H̷̗̥̬͛̓E̵͕͇̪͐̎͑̊Y̶̧̫͆E̵͉͑̀̅H̸̤͍̉

     "NO!" He shouted, tearing his hands off from his face, though his eyes were still tightly shut. It was an act purely made on impulse, it meant nothing other than to get his anger out in any way he could. His surroundings were still pitch black, the dark color leaking and staining every wall he had seen before. It was beckoning him to stop, to drop to his knees and become one with the night.