◜➷ . . . h

"it's way too big on me" beomgyu laughs as he smiles up to the younger boy who pinches his cheek

"it's adorable , it looks better on you being really honsest" kai says as beomgyu looks away , cheeks flushing a light pink and his stomach does many backflips.

"anyways... i'm not cold anymore. thank you" beomgyu tries to change the subject as kai smiles , taking a picture of him literally sinking in the baby blue sweater , especially the sleeves which are hanging off him.

"of course gyu! ah you look so cute!" he laughs as he shows the flustered boy a picture , making him even more shy.

"oh kai! hey!" beomgyu hears an unfamiliar voice and he turns around to spot a very tall boy , wearing a dimpled smile and puffy jacket.

the cold has made his nose and cheeks red , and beomgyu can see the way kai looks at him. he has the same sparkle in his eyes while looking at this guy , maybe even brighter.

"hey soobin! out in this weather alone?" kai asks , shivering slightly and beomgyu feels a pang of guilt wash over him , playing with the sleeves of the boy's sweater.

"yeah , just wanted a break from staying inside all the time.. is this your friend?" the boy's gaze suddenly lands on him , and beomgyu has never felt smaller in his life.

"mhm! this is choi beomgyu , beomgyu , this is choi soobin" kai smiles brightly as they make eye contact making beomgyu feel nauseous.

"what's so great about him anyways? he's such an awkward and dumb beanstalk" beomgyu mutters as he stares across the street , eating ice cream with yeonjun.

"don't think about him. he's a waste of time if he just runs along to him like you don't matter. there's other people who like you" he says as beomgyu scoffs.

"like who?" he questions , narrowing his eyes at the two who seem to be getting a little too touchy for his liking , another bruise on his heart.

"kang taehyun" yeonjun nudges the boy's arm with a smile on his face.

"that weirdo? he's scary and kai... he's so cute..." beomgyu sighs as yeonjun raises his brow as he smacks the back of the boy's head.

"pabo , don't judge by first impressions. taehyun is adorable when you get to know him , he really is" yeonjun says as beomgyu glares at him.

"then you go date him if he's so adorable hyung" beomgyu mimicks but jumps when yeonjun is about to take his shoe off and throw it at him.

his eyes land on the two again. tears brim his eyes at the sight of kai laughing like that with him , touching his arm every once in a while. what are they even talking about this long? it was only supposed to be a greeting...

"look beomgyu... i know he was your first kiss. but that was so long ago and he still hasn't asked you out! you need to move on already" yeonjun puts a hand to the boy's shoulder who nods.

it would be the healthiest thing to do , but beomgyu knows it would never work. he still has the sweater he gave him that year ago... in fact , he wears it often at home because it's so big and comfy. he's not going to lie to himself though , a huge part of him wishes it was him and not soobin that gets to make kai laugh like that.

© KKYUKKAI

© KKYUKKAI