1 - A Girl Football Player

Josephine was opening her locker when she heard Ace Mcfumbles on the loud speaker. "Ace Mcfumbles here with breaking news! A girl is trying out for the football team."
Why did he doubt that a girl could make the team, as much as I hate the group they're all noodles and use some more strength on their team.
Ace continued to ask people how the felt about her joining the team and for some reason no one thought she could. The sexism is astonishing. Troy and his minions, Sawyer and Newt, rounded the corner voicing their opinions about how it would be impossible for a girl to make the Football team. God I hope Bella makes the team.

TIME SKIP

Jo was in practice when the football team started their practice and Bella was doing horrible. Jo kicked the ball to her teammate Kyla and she shot it into the goal.
They then moved to practice their long passes. Kyla made eye contact with Jo, asking to be partners - Jo nodded with agreement. They were as close as Josephine could allow herself to really open up to someone.
Grabbing an extra ball the walked off the side where Jo was facing the Football field and Kyla punted the ball towards her. It wasn't the best kick but it reached her. Jo prepped her footing and kicked the ball. It went a bit farther than expected.
The flew through the sky and landed right in the football field. Great - I hate them all. She jogged over to the other field to grab the ball and leave, easy. Right?
"Ouch, shit that hurt." she heard a deep voice with a slight country accent. Fuck did I just hit someone, that's gonna make this much more complicated. There was Sawyer - one of Troy's minions, holding her ball. "I am so so sorry I didn't mean to kick it that far. I was just at practice over there," nodding my head towards the green grass. Atleast my field had qq real grass.
     "I am sorry, really." I finished - god why do I ramble.
"Hey girl, the one with the big kick - wanna try out for kicker, Kenny's been letting us down lately." Their coach shouted at me. No way in hell would I join their team. "No thank you Sir, I don't like Football that much." Jo said - alas she actually didn't know much about it. "How can you not like the best sport in the world!" Troy exclaimed.

      "Because I don't know much about it?" she said trying to keep her temper down - she didn't know why but it just to made her so angry. Hopefully she could get out of this before something happened. She was also competitive so she might end up in some agreement by accident.

      "Oh come on, you have to tryout - I don't want to be the only girl on the team." Bella begged.

      The boys on the team just stared at her with judgement in their eyes. They didn't think she could do it but she knew she could. In the end she really didn't like football and soccer was most important so the answer was no.

      "No." She said while walking towards Sawyer who was holding her ball. Once he was close enough to grab it he raised his eyebrows tauntingly - now that made her blood boil. Snatching her ball from his grip she kicked him in the shin and walked away. I bet that made him mad.

HII
first real chapter and i'm so excited to write this.
word count - 596