4 - I Hate Dirt

It was Monday, four days until the dance and no one could stop talking about it. It drives me crazy, Piper and Sophie were creating a timeline of the order that each person had shared. One being the Kyle she'd been crushing on since 6th grade. For five years, seems like a long time to me

Jo wasn't fond of dances or school events. She loves the charities her parent bring her to, showing her off to all their friends. They loved talking about her grades and the instruments she played. But she was surprised they even remembered she was a pianist and a violinist, they've never even been to one of her recitals.

Those parties were classy, you got to toast with champagne and wear a silky dress, make your hair glossy and gorgeous. She even got to wear her diamond necklace and earrings though she usually stuck with pearls

School dances were dirty. Chips on the floor, odd dancing, drama, and-

"Snap out of it!" A voice broke her focus

Looking up she saw Sawyer. Why Sawyer.

"Finally! You have to get to the locker room, Troy sent me all the way out here to get you."

"Geez, no need to be rude." I said while turning towards the locker room with sawyer following

"I wasn't, you just weren't paying attention."

"So? Why would I ever want to look at you." Jo scoffed

"Oh please,-

Jo had reached the locker room a few seconds before him. She knew exactly what she wanted to do.

Opening the door fast enough to slip through it she let it shut in his face with a slam. She turned to look through the miniature window and saw the gush of air hit his face. It blew back his hair a bit while he blinked.

They made eye contact and she could see his chest rising and falling heavily from annoyance.
Turning her body before her head, she winked at him and walked a few steps before Jo heard the door swing open and hit the brick wall with a bang. She made him mad and she knew it.

After placing her bag on the bench, Bella arrived, saying "Go Bella, go Bella.." and sat next to Jo with her gear at her feet.

Sawyer followed behind her, passing glares to Jo. It was obvious he was mad.

"We've  crushed the Stallions for 5 years straight—which means.." Troy says

"Another win for the bull dogs" Bella finishes. Whilst they all whorrah, beside Jo, she'd never act like a dog.

"that's right, all we got to do is follow the sacred ritual that's guaranteed us victory everytime." Sawyer says, standing up with everyone else

"Ooh, I love rituals!" Bella says

"What is it?" Jo asks

"We don't shower from this moment until the stallions are stopped!"

What. No. No. No. I'd rather die and be resurrected and be killed again. What will people think if they seem me, greasy hair, smelly armpits, dirt on my face. I'm gonna die.

What will my parents say, and do..

"Five days of filth startin' now."

"No." Jo gasps with Bella

"I can't shower for five days but I can take a bath.. Right?" Jo hoped.

The boys decline while Jo stands in shock. You cannot be serious, I know it's technically not that big of a deal but jesus help me. Being in my own filth is so nasty and honestly makes me angry. Like little red fire ants are crawling all over me. 

TIME SKIP ➡️

It was now Wednesday and everyday after practice Jo was wiping herself free from dirt, sweat, and grim but it never seemed to be enough. Although her appearance and stench was nowhere near as bad as the boys. Troy had visible sweat stains on him and Jo was suffocating in the seat behind him during history.

"I hate dirt" Jo sighed, this is possibly the most disgusting thing ever.

"You'll live, there's no need to complain so much" Sawyer said, his voice somewhat scratchy during their extended practice.

"God, coming from you? You smell the worst out of all of us." Jo said, now it wasn't exactly true but she lied to herself. Personality over looks.

"Huddle up guys!" Coach said, cutting through Josephine and Sawyers tension.

"We need to get these plays down, there are still a few issues that I'm seeing. But great job to Bella and Josephine, and you too Troy,"

"Now, redo play number 8." Coach finishes.

As Jo gets ready to practice kicks on the right end of the field and the play is going on the other end. Sawyer happens to be the quarterback this time around. So when the ball is thrown by Troy, and Sawyer is running to catch it he happens to have run straight into Jo.

Now by no means is Jo short, she stands moderately tall at 5'7 and weighs about 115. But when you have a pretty tall and much larger person run into you it tends to knock you over. Opening her eyes with a slight grunt because of the weight on top of her she makes thick eye contact with Sawyer.

Everything seems slightly still and her hearing is foggy as they stare. What the fuck, why won't he get off. I don't like this, but how does he not smell that bad, like at all.

"Get the fuck off me." Jo growled

"Gladly." Sawyer said in the exact same tone.

The audacity of him, he runs into me but doesn't even say sorry. This is why men suck, this is why football players suck.

"Alright guys practice is over, tomorrow we will work on team work." Coach says and everyone starts to walk back to the locker room.

"Oh. My. God. What was that?" Bella ran up to Jo squealing.

"What do you mean?" She wondered.

"Ugh I don't know, maybe Sawyer laying on you and starring into your soul like you were on of his goats" She whisper-screamed.

"I am no goat to start and second off I don't even know what that means. But he crashed into me and just stayed there like an idiot." Jo said exasperatedly while walking off.

SAWYER -

Holy shit.

AUTHORS NOTE-

HII

okay so a few things

1. I havent updated in a year lol so there might be some different things about the book, one of them being that after this chapter im gonna write in first person

2. Updates are gonna be slowwwwww cause i have shit to do. I mean not to brag but im a varisity athlete and an academic weapon. but slow updates

ANYWAY hope you all liked the chapter.