3 - New Kicker in Town

Jo had come to school early that morning to tryout after staying up most of the night learning rules to football. It was a bit harder than she originally thought but after a long and tiring 6 hours of studying it finally made sense.

"Coach said that he'd email me his decision of whether or not I made the team." Jo explained to Kyla.

      "I understand why you tried out but I'm really gonna miss you. I mean the season has barely even started." she complained

"I know and you know how much I love soccer but he made me so mad. I don't even like football players - wait.. That means I don't like myself. Or maybe I don't, remains unseen for now."

"I know why you're mad but we all hate football players and the other teammates will hate you if you join. They may not even let me talk to you anymore!" Kyla panicked

      "It not like they can control you. You are your own person - don't let some petty girls take that away. Especially if it means you can talk to me, you are my best friend after all."

      "You're totally right - and I hope you kick ass at football!" she cheered

      "Oh I know I will but I have to get to English, I really can't be late. Bye Ky-Ky." I said while turning to the stairs. As much as I love English, it the teacher I have a problem with. I swear he's some pedo.

TIME SKIP

      As much as I tried, I couldn't concentrate on my essay - football wouldn't leave my mind. I was stuck thinking about a sport I don't even like - wonder I was going to make the team! It made zero sense.
      Mr. Roberts was stalking around the classroom checking peoples progress and I had none. Shit my grades gonna drop.
      "Miss Miles, you don't have anything down. That's very unlike you, why don't you stay behind after class. I can help you out." he taunted. God he is repulsive - bald creep. Fuck no, I would rather blow George Washington - is what I wish I could say.
       "No thank you Sir - I have to go to the locker room to see if I made the team." It was the truth after all. I just didn't have to do it right after.
      "But you already made the soccer team? Miss Miles I do not appreciate dishonesty. You have lunch detention now."
      Lunch is right after this class. I am fucked. I really could have some help - from anyone. I need it.
      "Actually Sir, she was not lying -she has to go to the locker room along with the football team because she tried out." A country accent voices from behind me. I completely forgot one of the people I hate most sits right behind me. Why couldn't it have been anyone else on the football team to sit there.
      "Oh, You're off the hook then Miss Miles." Mr. Roberts said. I could at least get a sorry - I bet it it was a boy he said that to.. Scratch that it never even would have happened.

SMALL TIME SKIP

      Walking through the halls was always a dangerous journey. Sweaty boys horsing around and bumping into others - specially the football players. Girls who needed a reality check and get their head out of other peoples business. It was just a bad area in general but when Sawyer Huggins comes up to you in the hall way, it gets much worse.

      "So, don't I get a thank you."

      "Thank you. Now leave me alone and move so I can open my locker."

      "Sassy?" he questioned while leaning to the left so I could open my locker

      "Only for you - now I'll be going."

      I turned and walked away from him - maybe I was rude but I had every right after what he'd said to me last night.

      But in just 3 hours I'd know whether I made the team: Showing up multiple boys on the team. Or: Failing to make the team and embarrassing myself and just proving the sexist, inaccurate opinions in their mind. Let's just hope it's not the second one.

TIME SKIP

Running down the empty hall towards the locker room made me lose my breathe for unknown reasons. Whether it be the anxieties of making the team (or not) and the panic of being late just made my stomach churn and my throat tighten. But I did make it.
The whole football team was gathered in the locker room waiting for Coach to exit his office.
The locker room smelled of Bella's perfume and sweat - it sucked.
Coach finally left his office and stood in front of the team and myself, the suspension is killing me. "So, as most of you know Josephine has tried out to be the teams kicker," he stalled, I need an answer. Why'd he word it like that - The teams kicker. I don't belong to them and I am most certainly not some doll.
"And we already have a girl on the team..
But why not have another one!" He announced.
Bella spun around and practically jump on top of me while cheering about not being the only girl on the team. I have and always will hate me being touched by people - it makes me uncomfortable.
"Bella, please get off of me. Right now." I told her.

"Of yeah, sorry I'm just so excited!"

"I can tell you are."

"Well aren't you?!"

"I am happy I made the team. I get to show up guys." I say. I mean who wouldn't be but quite honestly there isn't another reason I'm even doing this.

"Well why don't you come to the Starcade to celebrate with the team and I - please."

"I guess I can."

HIIII
third chapter is done :)

word count - 978