- 𝙜𝙤 𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙡𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙩𝙚𝙘𝙝𝙣𝙤 𝙢𝙪𝙨𝙞𝙘 -

❝𝘢𝘵 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦'𝘴 𝘯𝘰 𝘨𝘪𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘴𝘱𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘰𝘳 𝘮𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘴

❝𝘢𝘵 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦'𝘴 𝘯𝘰 𝘨𝘪𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘴𝘱𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘰𝘳 𝘮𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘴.❞

❝𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘫𝘪𝘯𝘹 𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘭𝘶𝘤𝘬.❞

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆   。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

       JUN STARED AT the two pancakes that sat in front of him, though they looked like they were drowning in the syrup. Blueberries and banana slices decorated the two pancakes, which made it appear like a fruit crown. One of his brother’s long time friends sat on the opposite booth seat where a single waffle, accompanied by a single slice of butter, was being eaten. Tora was the woman’s name, and Jun knew her well. He knew that the woman had a band called the Misfits and they were the rival of Ash Dispersal Pattern whenever the annual Battle of the Bands came around.

       “Are we only here so you don’t run into Douxie?” Jun questioned as he finally decided to cut into his food. He watched as the syrup began to run down the side of his pancake before he stuffed it into his mouth. The pancakes were…okay for breakfast food—but he reminded himself that they weren’t worth it in the long run. He always preferred the lunch and dinner menu over this, but he didn’t complain. Food was food to him.

       Tora looked at the boy after she drank from her cup of water. The boy noticed that her fingerless gloves were discarded to the side by the napkin dispenser, along with her rings. The usual black leather jacket Tora always wore was also gone, and he assumed it was neatly placed on the seat next to her. “He’s the competition and the Battle of the Bands is soon. Can’t risk anything for that trophy.”

       Jun shrugged before he cut off another piece of his pancake. “Whatever you say.”

       The rivalry between the Misfits and Ash Dispersal Pattern was basically legendary in Jun’s eyes. The two bands had amazing music, and they were always the acts people were most excited for when summer came around. He knew that Tora and Douxie were friends outside of the competition, but when summer was on the horizon, their friendship was put on hold until the winner was announced.

       The boy glanced behind Tora, and saw a man he recognized. It was the same man who accompanied Lina at the taco truck when Steve and Krel had gotten into a fight, but he was the one more amused by the fight than Lina. There was a frown on the man’s face as he glanced down at his food before he looked back up at the other man accompanying him.

       “Stellan, what in the seven planes is this?” Jun heard Lina’s brother (he assumed the man was Lina’s brother.) ask the man accompanying him. There was a confused look on his face as he stared at his food.

       “Those are pancakes,” The second man responded. “Have you not eaten pancakes before?”

       “Well, I wasn’t able to enjoy this when I was on the run.”