Y/N: The Trainee

Hello readers❤️👋
This chapter involves you as Y/N (your name). Y/N's gender in this chapter is a girl btw so I'm sorry if you're not that. But other than that, enjoyy:)

Your POV

"Boys, meet y/n. The new asset to the team!" Says Hoppo, introducing me to the other lifeguards. He drags me up to the windows that overview Bondi as I lean over the desk.

"You're with Taco for the morning now Y/N, and boys.. make sure to treat her well as I will be heading off now. I'll be at my office in the pavilion so call me if anything happens," Hoppo says before walking away.

I look over to the boys who just stared at me, "Um- did I do something wrong..?" I ask, deeply panicking inside, but I think the boys could see how worried I was.

One of the boys step up, reassuring me, "No no, we just weren't aware of girl joining the team. And it is currently the middle of June as you're joining so I was only just a bit confused. Well welcome to the team, I'm Whippet."

I smile, holding my hand out so I can shake each of everyones hands. I learnt a few of the boys names then, Whippet, Maxi, Jethro, Jesse, Deano, Harrison and Taco.

As the others left the tower to go to their posts, the room fell into silence as I sat on one of the spinny chairs with Taco.

"You know that you're the second girl on the team?" Taco breaks the silence.

"Yeah I heard that there was another girl called Nicola-"

"I'm not saying that in a nice way," he cuts me off.

I turn my head over to him and raise an eyebrow, "What do you mean?" I ask.

"I mean that you're a girl. You're too weak to be on the job you dumbass."

I gasp, "What the fuck. I haven't even done my first rescue yet!?" I shout. "Pfttt," Taco crackles, "If you will ever get one."

"What's going on?" Deano askes. We both rapidly turn around.

"How long have you've been in here for??" Taco questions.

"Since the start of the conversation, I was only just looking for my radio. I wasn't expecting this. You're off to Hop's office now," Deano smiles.

"Fuck," I heard Taco mumble under his breath. "Off," I finished for him as he sighed, walking off to Hoppo's office.

Deano walks over to me, "You alright Y/N?" Him saying that made me throw my head back and sigh.

"Do you think I'm good enough for this job?" I say.

"Of course you are darl, don't let others pull you down."