TWENTY-TWO | REAL LIFE

It has been nearly two weeks since Sebastian stopped speaking to Anthony and Robert

It has been nearly two weeks since Sebastian stopped speaking to Anthony and Robert. Chris had called almost immediately after and apologized for his behavior. He had been understanding that they wanted to keep their situation under wraps but couldn't. Apologizing didn't make Chris feel better but he knew it was an unprecedented time for Sebastian and he had bigger things to care for. Before saying their goodbyes though, Chris promised to talk to Anthony and Robert but he wasn't sure how responsive they'd be.

Sebastian sat on the floor as he watched his son fast asleep beside him. It was crazy the hold he had over Sebastian and it frightened him. His kid was a wild child so when Sebastian would look away for a few seconds and Matt would run off his heart would drop. Parenthood was difficult and typically a father had nine months to prepare but not Sebastian and he hated being thrown in the deep end.

At first he watched every move Kennedy would make and took notes on it all. Playing and being with him was fun most of the time but he'd get overwhelmed so easily and shutdown. Times like those he tried his best to keep his composure and would often rely on Kennedy for back up and she was a natural. He saw her in a new light.

When night came and Matthew was asleep, he and Kennedy would drink together. It was easy to discuss the weather with one another but when Sebastian spoke of Dallas he noticed Kennedy tense up. He didn't want to push it but if they were going to have a future together as parents he had to.

It was morning and Sebastian had gotten up early to pick up Dallas from the airport so he made breakfast for everyone. When Kennedy awoke and saw that Sebastian was dressed up she questioned him.

"Dallas' flight lands in a few hours so I thought I'd make breakfast before I left. Do you need anything while I'm in town?"

Kennedy scoffed and shook her head. "I don't understand why she feels the need to be here. I mean why did you guys even marry if you weren't going to be together?"

There was a moment of silence where Sebastian didn't know how to respond. Everything inside of him wanted to defend his wife in a manner of shouts but his son was in the other room and he couldn't do that.

Instead he spoke calmly and quietly, something Kennedy wouldn't have expected from the Sebastian she knew.

"Matthew isn't just your son anymore you have to understand that. The moment you sought me out was the moment you brought him into my life and the life I share with Dallas. She is my wife and I will not tolerate you backbiting her."

Kennedy was stunned and when Dallas arrived at her house she tried her best to treat her fairly. She thought back on their encounters and found one thing in common, she never gave Dallas a chance. Did she really hate Dallas because of her character or because she was the love of Sebastian's life?

The moment she found it in her heart to create a friendship with Dallas was the moment she could see the future clearly. Utah was getting dull and once her rose colored glasses went away she realized her special someone wasn't so special. It would be a long and difficult journey but she felt at peace for the first time in a long time.

***

a/n: I fucking hate that gifs don't work.