31|Don't you fucking dare!

"Anna, I hope you don't mind but I need to stop somewhere for a few minutes," Max said as Anna slid into the car beside him. The woman nodded before pulling out her phone, her fingers flying over the screen at a rapid pace. "Drey, please take me to her." The older man didn't ask who 'her' was or where exactly he meant. It was a testament to how many times he'd just spontaneously dropped in to see his girlfriend. Anna on the other hand looked up. She blinked at him a few times before staring back at her phone.

"So the rumors are true. You did get a girlfriend."

"I did. Problem?"

"I'm just glad it's not that Nina girl. She was a lot to handle. She drove your employees crazy with her constant hounding."

"I can't assure you that Cadence won't drive you crazy," he said with a smile. Anna stared at him before shaking her head. "It's the good kind of crazy."

"I can tell you love her."

Max considered her statement for a few seconds before he sighed happily. His grin widened as he said, "I think I do."

The rest of the drive was quiet and punctuated with the typing noise Anna's phone made. Part of him wanted to ask her to put down the phone but Drey was already turning into the parking lot of Cadenceblooms. He pushed the door open immediately the car came to a stop and hurried into the shop. The familiar jingling of the bell was like a soothing balm on his senses. He waited for her to appear and give him one of those her shy, small smile. When she didn't, he walked forward searching for a familiar face.

"Good evening Mr. Tanner. You just missed her." Max turned to see Darryl, the kid who worked the night shift.

"Good evening. Did she go home already? It's just past five."

"I think she went to the gym. She was carrying a gym bag but I'm not sure cause I've never seen her going out to exercise before."

"Do you know which gym she went to?"

"I don't. But she didn't call a cab so I'm sure it's close by."

"Thanks Darryl." Max jogged back to his car and pulled the door open. Drey immediately started the car and waited for instructions. "Drey what's the closest gym from here?"

The older man didn't even take time to think about it before saying, "yours sir."

"Do we have enough time to get there before the meeting?"

"Sir, your meeting is at the gym," Anna replied, looking up from her phone.

"Perfect! Let's go Drey."

🌸🌺🌸

Cadee tugged her hair into a messy bun on top her head, then smoothed the fabric of her gym clothes. She felt like she'd lost a little bit of weight in her arms and waist which made her curvy body look more pronounced. She smiled at her reflection in the mirror, loving the way she looked. Her breasts were barely contained in her sports bra and since she planned to run without causing accidents to onlookers, she tugged on a crop hoodie.

The small bit of respite she'd gained was immediately blown away when she saw the gym instructor already smirking at her. Her mind flashed back to their first meeting.

Cadee panted after finishing a thirty minutes run on the treadmill. She grabbed a few weights and began to squat when someone appeared by her side.

"Do you need any help? This must be your first time her," the woman said in a sweet voice. It reminded Cadee of solos sang in alto. She turned to the thin blonde and politely shook her head. She was already out of breath from her run so talking was out of the question. When the woman just stood there and kept on watching, Cadee stopped and slowly rose to her feet.