Sudh budh khoyi maine-1

"Good evening, Ladies and gentlemen ! It's my great honour and pleasure to welcome you to this party to celebrate the love and togetherness of this lovely couple here, Barrister Anirudh Roy Chowdhury and his wife Bondita Anirudh Roy Chowdhury. " Batakrishna gestured towards Anirudh and Bondita  as they stepped up on the  dance stage. Bondita's hands were wound around his arm and their faces were smeared with brightness brighter than the lights of the chandeliers.

"Dada! I would like you to say a few words for Boudi and vice versa." Said Batakrishna with a smile and handed over the mike to him.

" In court people always say that I have a way with my words , but when it comes to this amazing woman beside me," He looked at Bondita with an awestruck smile. "I find myself speechless too often. But still, I'll try to shower my love on her this time with a few words I could muster."
Bondita smiled bashfully.

He cleared his throat and said,"
You came in my life at the most unexpected moment and fit in like a lost piece of  puzzle I didn't even know, was missing, and completed it into a beautiful picture. 

I was so indulged in chasing my dreams and goals, that I forgot the way to my home. But when I found you, I had come home.

Now that I've found you, I understand the God's great plan because you are perfectly suited in my arms, in my heart and in my life. "

Bondita forwarded her hand to take the mike. Her misty eyes were shining and her voice broke with emotion ,

" I... I can't even remember my identity before I knew you. Whatever I am today is because of you. I never fear of falling because I know you would never let me. The cage of your arms gives me safety , freedom and confidence to explore this world, and I grew in ways I never thought could be possible and  I....I...."

Too overwhelmed to speak she seeked refuge in Anirudh's arms , and he smilingly accepted her.

Everyone gave a big round of applause for them. A song was played and they started the first dance of the evening.

Batakrishna came towards where Shetukala and Subhalaxmi were standing.

As a few couples had occupied the stage for dance after men asked their partners, Shetukala had a hunch he was coming towards her for the same.
I will say no! I will say no!

He approached them and said , "Will you grant me the honour of your hand for a dance , beautiful?"

She opened her mouth to say no but he looked at Subhalaxmi in an instant and forwarded his hand to her.

Subhalaxmi was taken aback by his request but nonetheless accepted his hand, "Okay" and winked at her.

Shetukala's mouth remained agape at his open ignorance. He touched her chin and pushed it up to close her mouth. " Close your mouth Shetu, we wouldn't want you to choke over a fly." He smirked and left with Subhalaxmi to the stage.

Shetukala's fists tightened in tamed anger as he saw Batakrishna dancing with Subhalaxmi. A few minutes later he came back to her, but she turned her face away in mock anger. Batakrishna was about to say something to her, but a British man and a woman came to them.

" You might be his brother. Barrister Anirudh's." He nodded. "You both look so alike. I'm Lieutenant Malcom , recently posted in Calcutta. Your brother is a good acquaintance of mine. And she is my sister Rebecca. " The British man said gesturing towards the blonde lady. Batakrishna forwarded his hand in a greeting and they shook their hands.

" Indeed , the resemblance is incredible. I must say Roy-ee Chau-dur-hees don't lack even a bit in looks department. Are you a Barrister too?" The white lady spoke in a soft voice, as she kept a hand on his shoulder and grazed it to his chest.