five

We all quickly rushed outside after grabbing our things, piling into Steve's car instead of taking both of ours. It would be better to keep a low profile. I sat in the back with Max and Dustin, forcing Dustin into the middle.

     We pulled up after dark, barely being able to see anything due to the lack of lights and the fog through the trees. Dustin and Steve got out, walking to the front door while Robin and Max checked out the building. I held a flashlight in my hand, pointing it in front of me as I walked further onto the property.

     My flashlight and gaze soon landed on a shed, a tin, creepy shed. I gazed at it for a moment, "Hey! Guys!" I called out, taking a few more steps forward once I hear the four of them come up behind me.

     We all quietly walked to the shed, separately shining our flashlights through the windows of the shed. I took the front as we neared the door. I reached out, keeping a distance while I pushed the creaking door open.

     "Hello?" Robin called out over my shoulder, peering into the darkness, "Is anyone home?"

     I walked further into the shed, the eerie darkness causing my skin to shiver. We flowed into the room, our flashlights illuminating the room almost perfectly.

     "What a dump." Steve spoke up, scanning the interior with his flashlight.

my kind of woman by mac demarco playing... (background music)

     I walked over to one of the walls, turning off my flashlight before carefully picking up a paddle. I moved to the boat in the middle of the shed, gently pushing the tarp around that was covering it.

     "What are you doing?" Dustin asked, shining his flashlights over the boat.

     I shrugged, "Checking if there's rats." I stated simply, looking at him with a serious expression, "The last thing any of us need is rabies. That shit will kill you."

     "So take the tarp off!" Dustin stated, gesturing to the boat as he looked at me in disbelief.

     I paused for a moment and gestured to the paddle, "Rabies distancer! If you want to stick your hand in there and get infected with a fatal disease then you go for it, I'm not driving you to the hospital." I stated, pushing the tarp again with the paddle as Steve walked over to us.

     I continued to do this, Steve staring over me while Dustin, Max, and Robin examined the shed, looking for whatever they could find.

     "Maybe he heard us, got spooked and ran..." I heard Robin say from the other side of the room.

     "Oh, don't worry, I'm sure Renee can get him with her oar." Dustin spoke up, gesturing to me as I poked around with said oar.

     I shook my head and shrugged, "You think you're funny, but you won't be laughing when you have a rat clinging to your face, and considering we've all almost died already, I don't think rabies is what should take us out, Henderson." I snapped back, raising an eyebrow at Dustin.

     I was taken back when someone, or something, jumped out of the boat, pushing me back quickly towards the wall of the shed while everyone exclaimed in shock and terror.

     I opened my eyes, not realising I had closed them and noticed that it was Eddie standing over me, pressing a broken bottle to my throat, "Whoa! Wait, wait, wait!" I stammered.

     Dustin quickly spoke up while everyone rushed over, keeping just enough distance between us, "Eddie! Eddie! Stop! Eddie!" Dustin spoke, causing Eddie to look away from me and over to him, "It's me! It's Dustin. That's Renee, you know Renee. You know she won't hurt you."