-01- The Vlive

Chan smiled into the camera. This was one of the highlights of his week. Connecting with STAY through vlives made him feel good about himself. The fans were funny, always trying out sleazy pick up lines on him and teasing him. He could talk about his big passion for music and just hang out with his friends. His several hundred thousand close friends.

This night was no different. He had been working hard for days, on Stray Kids' next comeback and the vlive gave him a mental break he sorely needed. He relaxed into the usual rhythm of Chan's Room. Playing snippets of songs, vibing, telling the fans why he liked this particularly song, asking for suggestions on what to play and reading the comments flowing over the screen like a spring tide.

Will you be my boyfriend for 5 seconds?

When are you coming to Europe?

Please marry me.

And always the comments about how they loved him. Not that he really cared or believed them. He had seen this too many times for it to effect him. He wasn't lovable. If they really knew, they would hate him.

A single comment drew his attention. "I hope you will find your life partner soon, Channie. You deserve it."

Chan quickly turned his head away from the camera, mumbled something about the door and left his chair. His eyes were stinging. Yeah, gods knew he was without a partner. And it wasn't going to change any time soon. He couldn't. He wouldn't destroy what he had used years of his life to build up. He wouldn't destroy Stray Kids from within. It was his job to protect them. Even from himself.