-50- The Dinner Date

When Felix' deep voice drifted towards him from the front desk, Chan turned around on his bar stool expectantly. After a minute Felix walked into Chan's frame of view, and he was gobsmacked by his boyfriend's visuals. If someone had helped Lixi getting ready, they deserved the whole bag store. A part of Chan registered that the bags for attractiveness scale was getting out of hand, but his brain was malfunctioning at the moment.

Felix was wearing a dark red suit with black and dark red beads scattered on the lapels and around the bottom of the jacket sleeves. His shirt was black and the top three buttons were undone revealing as much skin as possible without being inappropriate for a dinner date in a fancy restaurant. Around his neck he wore a thin black ribbon, drawing Chan's attention back to his neck noticing that last night's love bites had been covered up by make up. Felix hadn't spotted Chan yet, so his face was serious as he searched the room. It made Felix look cool, collected and exquisite. His eyes were accentuated with a touch of dark eye shadow and black kajal, but the main focus of the make up was on Felix' lips. They were tinted red and glossy, picking up the light and drawing Chan in like a moth to a flame. Felix' blond hair was braided in little viking braids over his right ear, giving the illusion of an undercut. His boyfriend had managed to look modern while classy and expensive as hell. Chan had never loved a man before, but seeing Felix like this made him wonder if he had ever truly loved anyone before him. Just then Felix spotted him and his whole face lit up in a huge smile, making Chan fall for the boy all over again as his stomach did a somersault. He quickly got up from his bar stool and walked over to meet the younger.

Being in a semi public space made their greeting a little awkward. They knew it wasn't a good idea to kiss, so they exchanged slightly guarded compliments instead, before Chan led the way to their private room. The restaurant had promised Mr. Bang a room with a view, and they had delivered. The room had a window wall facing the river, and since they were on the 22th floor they could see the city stretching out beneath them in an 180 degree angle. The sun had set approximately half an hour earlier, so there was still light outside, but when the twilight morphed into darkness Chan expected the city lights to look stunning. They both admired the view and pointed out land marks before they turned towards the table set for two. Chan wanted to pull out Felix' chair for him, but again they were still in a semi public place and Chan didn't know if Felix would find it weird. The last thing he wanted was to give his boyfriend the impression that Chan somehow thought of him as his girlfriend.

They sat down and admired the flower arrangement, the view and each other. "I have never seen anyone as beautiful as you," Chan said with a soft smile. Felix' cheeks got a lovely, pink flush. "Really?" The young Aussie looked happy and surprised at he same time. He stretched out his arm towards Chan and they interlaced their fingers. "Really!"

When the door opened they both let go, like if holding hands at the dinner table was horrible crime. Chan felt his anger flare, as if the waiter had a personal agenda to keep them separated and had chosen that exact moment to enter, just to spite Chan. The thought was ridiculous and Chan got a hold on himself within seconds. Felix on the other hand was suddenly very interested in the view, and ignored the waiter in a manner very unlike him.

Felix half listened to the waiter explaining to Chan, his boyfriend, that the appetizers would be served soon. Apparently it was a fixed menu and they could press a button when they wanted their plates cleared, and the main course served. This guaranteed an uninterrupted meal. Clearly this restaurant took the concept of a private dining room very seriously. The waiter also explained how they could adjust the window wall, from completely clear to a milky white. Felix turned back to see the waiter wink at Chan before he said: "The paparazzi doesn't like us much."