Chapter 2

Pete's POV:

"H-H-How is that possible? Pim said the baby didn't make it," Porsche said.

All were shocked to see Venice. It didn't help either that Khun No was crying and wailing.

"What? She left the baby in the hospital," I deflected.

"Pa, who are they?" Venice whispered to me while looking to them with sharp eyes.

"They were Pa's friends," I whispered back before turning to Macau. "Go to Phi Macau for awhile Venice," I tried handing him to Macau but he locked his arms around my neck and legs on my waist like a koala.

"No! No! They said they will take you away!" He blurted. I caressed his head then just continued hugging him.

"Ven-Ven, no one is going to take Pa from you," I assured him.

"No! Look at him! He tried taking you!" He pointed to Khun No. Khun No stood up with hands on his waist, like he was challenging my son.

"Ai Pete! Why do you take care of that little devil!" Khun No complained. "He is an exact replica of his older brother!" He added.

"Khun, stop that," Khun Kinn's dominant voice said. "Are you sure that's Vegas brother? Pim said the baby died after she gave birth to him," he looked over to me with sincere concern eyes. I nodded, convinced to what I had known for years.

"Porsche, where's Vegas?" I asked, realizing he never showed up. "Why is he not here? Did something happened?" I started to panic.

"He is-"

"Khun Kinn they are coming!" Bodyguards outside shouted.

"We have to leave!" Khun Kinn ordered.

I pulled Macau next to me while still holding the clingy Venice.

"Macau, get our things from that drawer!" I pointed to the cupboard next to where Venice was hiding. He took two backpacks and ran with me.

Khun Kinn led us to the cars. I went inside Porsche's car along with Khun Kinn and Macau. Everyone started to leave when we heard gunshots. Porsche was fast at driving. They couldn't follow us any further. Venice was so scared that he buried his face on my chest. Macau was overthinking things that he unconsciously pulled my other arm and hugged it for his dear life.

"Pete, can you trust me?" Khun Kinn looked at me from his seat. Suddenly, I am back on the chaos I left five years ago. Suddenly, I need to think whether I should trust someone again or I should kill them.

"Khun Kinn, what is going on?" I asked. "What happened while I was gone?"

"We will tell you. For now, we have to keep you safe."

----------

It took a few hours that we fell asleep. When I woke up it was already midnight. It was Khun Kinn who was driving. We all fell asleep. My first thought went to Venice and Macau. I tried standing up to realize both still clinging to me. I sighed in relief.

"Phi," Macau's waking up voice was heard. I looked to him. The 23-year-old Macau still looked baby to me. Still a child I needed to protect. Still a little boy who only wanted attention and love.

"Yes, Macau?" I responded.

"Where are we heading?" He asked.

"Bangkok. We are coming with them," I answered. He looked confused and surprised.