Late nights - vance hopper

Wincing at the creaks of your staircase as you crept downstairs, trying to make the least amount of noise possible. Your dad was sleep on the living room couch, which is conveniently the closest to the front door.
..
You sat in your bed, staring mindlessly at the shitty horror movie playing on the tv. A loud bang on the tv scared you from your trance causing you to jump, jumping again when you heard a tap on your window. You quickly whipped your head around, heart beating faster than it ever has. All the tension and fear flooded away when you saw the familiar mop of blonde curly hair. ..what in the hell was he doing here so late? You walked over to the window before opening it and sliding the frame up to see outside

"Vance what are you doing here so late!?" You whisper yelled, hanging out of your window so he can hear you better. He shrugged before motioning for you to come down. You sighed and shook your head before closing the window and going to your closet. It was a getting cold in Denver, so you just threw a hoodie on over your pajama shorts. You pocketed some cash from your piggy bank before opening your door slowly, looking around the hall making sure lights are out, you rounded the corner and edged down the staircase..
..
You twisted the handle of your front door slowly before walking out and closing it back behind you. Turning around there was a tall figure standing directly behind you, flinching instinctively before realizing it's your boyfriend. "Did you need something?" You whisper, looking slightly up at him. He shook his head before snaking his hands around your waist; "do I need a fuckin' reason to see my own girlfriend?" He pressed his nose into the top of your hand, his words sounding muffled before planting a soft kiss to the area. You leaned into his touch mumbling "I guess not" as you hugged him.

Vance was only ever really affectionate at night, it was always calm and somehow it seemed his attitude would have resonated with the area he's in. (Loud/annoying area= annoyed, calm/quiet area= sleepy,cuddly) He slowly let go of you, and turned to face the sidewalk before looking back at you; "wanna go for a walk or somethin'?" You nodded before stepping forward to take his hand; "lead the way hopper." He walked with you slightly behind him, close enough to where he could see you but far back enough to where he could protect you from any upcoming threats. Some weird (but cute) habit he's developed.

He perked up when he saw the highlights of a car coming down the street. He looked to you before grabbing your wrist and pulling you to his other side, furthest from the road. "You walk on this side from now on, okay?" He wrapped his arm around your shoulder, pulling you closer. "Whateverr you say V" you leaned your head onto his chest as you both continued to walk. Sure it was a little uncomfortable walking with your neck to the side, but it felt comfortable to be intimate with vance. Just enjoying a night stroll with your boyfriend, enjoying one another's presence.