Catching p2 - B. Yamada

You quickly pulled up your pants, buttoning and zipping up the fly before rushing out your bedroom door. You ran past a mirror before quickly turning around to check, make sure you looked perfect. Your hair shaped your face, the mascara on your eyelashes wasn't clumpy but actually made them look full and long.

A knock on the door downstairs was heard causing you to flinch. "He's here already?" You checked your watch before making an "O" with your lips when you saw it was 10 past the time you'd both agreed to meet on. "Bruce is here!" Your mom yelled to you. You quickly ran down the stairs, and smiled at the boy.

"Hey" was all he said before he pulled out a small bouquet of flowers. It was your favorite color. So many different kinds of flowers but they were all similar hues and shades. "How did you- do you know that's- "your favorite color, right? I might have asked around.." he replied, glancing at your mom who grinned. "It was nice meeting you Bruce, I'll let you two catch up." Your mom excused herself before leaving back to the living room.

You both stood there, awkwardly staring at your mom walking away who kept looking over her shoulder. You sighed before walking out and closing the door behind you. "So do you not like the flowers?" Bruce asked, waving them slightly. You gasped; "oh no I love them, just forgot to get them from you" you quickly took the bouquet from Bruce's hands and smiled at him.

"The movie started 20 minutes ago..do you just wanna go to the park and wait for the next showing?" Bruce asked as he looked down at his watch and back up to you. You were happily staring at the flowers as you walked besides him, not really paying attention.

"Yeah, sure" you glanced at him with a smile. He admired you for a while before he put a hand on your shoulder, slowly moving you to his other side away from the road. "You really like those flowers, huh?" Bruce joked, trying to hide the smile forming on his lips, keeping his cool.

"Yeah, they're really pretty. Thank you Bruce." You smiled up at him, grabbing his hand and interlocking your finger with his. His cheeks flushed red, sure he got a lot of attention from girls but he'd never been on a real date. He shook the feeling and curled him fingers to hold your own.

As soon as you made it to the park, you dragged Bruce to the playground. "Lets go on the slide together" You grinned at him, beaming almost as you tugged his sleeve. "Okay-  just let me get up there first" he climbed up onto the main part of the playground with you.

You sat down at the top of the slide and motioned for him to come with you. He sat behind you, you were between his legs as he pushed you both forward and down the slide. For a kiddie playground it was a pretty big tunnel that looped around twice. You were both in a fit of laughter when you reached the end.

"We are way too old to be here" Bruce laughed, as you stood up. "But we're never too old to have fun" You replied, pulling him up and off the slide by holding both of his hands. "True" was all he had left to say as he followed where you lead him.

Next was the swings; "Push me? We can take turns" you asked as you sat on the swing. He only laughed and nodded before standing behind you and giving you a push.  You were both laughing your asses off, you both felt so childish but we're having so much fun swinging. Bruce had sat on the swing next to you after you'd gotten your pace set on the swing.  You were both swimming holding hands like the scenes you'd see in those teen romance movies .

Everything was perfect.  (Even though you forgot the movie)

...

I'd gotten a couple of messages and comments asking for a pt2