2.5 feet taller and many more scars

(Author's note)

Hello and welcome to my newest story, I know a lot of people are coping with Techno's recent death by reading fanfiction, so if this is you I hope I can help you in someway. No matter how small.

TW:
Mentions of blood stains
Swearing
Mentions of self amputation
Death

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(General Technoblade's Pov)

Slumping down into the plush armchair I flipped the letter over in my hands, it was yellowed and slightly damp to the touch. The stamp had clearly seen better days, the blues fading into each other. But I could still make out the Antarctic Empires emblem, three horizontal stripes of blue, the middle one being lighter than the other two. In the centre a group of white crescents make up a sphere. Small white triangles border the circle pointing outwards, completing the design.

The address was written in a childish scrawl, the lines slightly wonky and the size of the characters inconsistent. A couple of  the letters on the last row were illegible as the ink had bled into a messy splodge. The poor penmanship spelt out this:

General Technoblade

Official Royal Palace

L'manburg

Southern Province

Antarctic Empire

Humming under my breath I slid a fingernail under the seal and tore it open. Very rarely did I receive letters and those I did get were from high up officers or Lords from the court asking after updates for the army's current objectives.

I had not, however, ever received a letter quite like this before. The handwriting was definitely not like that of a Lord or any official. Curiosity got the better of me and I pulled out the slip of paper and unfolded it carefully.

I felt my stomach drop at the senders address recorded in the top righthand corner of the page.

13 Slate Road

Calcherth

Northern Province

Antarctic Empire

Memories flooded back of dingy, dark alley ways and crooked houses. Calcherth, the small mining town I had grown up in and thought I would die in. Sucking in a breath I continued to read.

Dear General Technoblade,

I  ̶a̶p̶o̶l̶i̶g̶i̶s̶e̶   apologise in advance if I come across as to blunt in the news I'm about to tell you but I don't have much time or ink.

Your cousin (my mother), Ella Innes, is dead. Along with what was left of our shared family. There was an explosion in the mines on Tuesday the 18th and it wiped out most of Calcherth's population. 

The local council has gifted each remaining family with one sheet of paper, an envelope and a stamp to send a letter out to any family we might have left to alert them of the news.