Ch. 1

"Alright! Let me make a toast to a very very special man...Andrew." Lin said as he placed a hand on my shoulder. I smiled and chuckled as everyone clapped. "Come on, speech!" Robin yelled from behind me. "No, no." I said. But Vanessa went ahead and pushed me up on the table. "Woah, um, thank you for that, Vanessa." I said. Everyone laughed. I took in a deep breath. "I never thought this movie would get the kind of response it did. This-this show is a very emotional and inspiring film all about the challenges of being not only a person with a job that can't support you much but also of being someone trying to make it big in this world. Every aspect about this film is just so, so beautiful and I don't think any of us who worked on it could've ever dreamed of this getting so, so much love. And I just, I would go on and on but you'd all get bored so, haha, so um. Haha okay um, thank you to everyone who supported this film and everyone who worked on it. We're all so grateful for every single one of you." I said before I stepped off the table. Everyone clapped. "Okay, I'm gonna go." I whispered to Lin. "Okay. Bye." He whispered back. I grabbed my coat, looked back at everyone having a good time and that was when I saw her. Her curled brown hair was bouncing as she jumped to the music. Her yellow dress was making ripples as she moved. She spun and I could see her blue eyes alive with joy. I stopped to stare at her for a few moments before I got the courage to walk up to her. "Excuse me?" I said as I got to her. She stopped dancing but kept that smile and life in her eyes. "Yeah?" She asked. Her voice flowed like honey. "Do you have a name?" I asked her. "Well of course I do. I'm Grace." She said, sticking out her hand for me to shake. "Andrew." I said, shaking her hand. "I know." She said. "Great speech." She said. I waited a second until I let go of her hand. I chuckled. "Not sure if that was a compliment or sarcasm." I said. Grace laughed. It was a sweet laugh but it was also genuine. "Well, um, I gotta go. But, um, will I ever see you again?" I asked Grace. "I'm sure you will. It's Hollywood." She said. I chuckled. "Alright. Bye." I said. "Bye!" She said as she waved. I forced myself I walk out that door. But as I passed the window, I looked back her. She was so beautiful. It was clear to me that I was in love with Grace. As I walked down the street, I kept thinking about her. The way her hair bounced up and down and how her dress flowed. I started to get lost in my imagination.
     Grace was in her yellow dress but it was longer and reminded me of Belle's dress from Beauty And The Beast. She was spinning down the snow covered street until she bumped into me. We started to slow dance in the snow. She laid her head on my chest and we swayed together for a few moments. She took my hand and we started running. I look down to see myself in a royal prince outfit. I'm the prince and she's the princess. I thought. She spun in the snow and ran down the middle of the street. I reluctantly followed. I chased her down the road until we reached the woods where the two of us danced.
      But, in reality, I was walking down the street where there wasn't even a snowflake. Grace was still in there having fun with her friends. I turned back to the window and watched her run out the door with her friends. They were talking loudly and laughing. They started running until they ran right into me. "Oh my gosh, I am so sorry." One of the girls said before she burst out in a giggling fit. "It's okay." I said with an awkward and forced chuckle. I locked eyes with Grace. She smiled at me. My heart softened. We had a moment where we just connected by looking at each other. "Grace." I said. "Andrew." She said. The giggling girl took Grace's hand and ran down the street. Grace looked back at me for a split second. "You're in love with my sister, aren't you?" A girl asked. I turned to her. She looked like Grace, only shorter and not as pretty. "That's your sister?" I asked her. The girl nodded. "But if you wanna make your move, she won't fall for it. She won't fall for you yet. But she wants to. Prove to her she'll love you. That's when she'll make her move." The girl said before walking off to join the other two. One more girl said "I'd die if a man ever looked at me the way you look at Grace." Then, she too, ran off to Grace. I started to follow them. "Grace!" I called. Grace looked at me and stopped walking. "Yes?" She asked. Here goes nothing. "Would it be alright if I had your phone number?" I asked. The girls behind her all went "ooh!" and Grace smiled. "Sure." She said. I knew she hadn't fallen yet. I handed her my phone. "Just text me and I'll add your contact." I said. "Okay." Grace said. That was when I noticed her pink nail polish. It was a blush kind of pink. She looked pretty with pink nail polish. "Here you go." She said, handing back my phone. She had texted 'Hey. You'll never guess who this is. Hint: tall man.' and sent it to her number. I looked up at her and smiled. "You texted yourself." I said. "I know." She replied with a grin before she walked away. My phone lit up.

From: unknown number
Hey handsome
IM SO SORRY KAT STOLE MY PHONE

From: Me
Haha it's ok

I changed her name on my phone

From: Grace The Beautiful❤️
Thanks, I have some crazy friends

From: Me
Yea me too. Vanessa pushed me on a table 😂

From: Grace The Beautiful❤️
😂😂
I'll see you eventually, Andrew

From: Me
Yep. Good night

From: Grace The Beautiful❤️
Good night

That was the day I fell in love.