Ch. 12

Before we knew it, Christmas was right around the corner. It was our first Christmas together and her first Christmas in London. It had been about five months of us dating and she still hadn't met my father yet. Now, she was kinda forced to. By now, I had told my brother and he seemed happy. I told him not to tell my dad yet because I wanted Grace's dad to meet my dad. Besides, they'll already be together.
        Grace and I set up a Christmas tree in our living room and secretly bought each other presents. Little by little, more boxes wrapped in colorful paper were being placed under our tree. And then, Christmas Day came.
        I jolted out of bed and quietly walked to Graces room. I did the knock from Frozen and whispered, "Do you wanna build a snowman?" I heard her groan. "Five more minutes!" She said. "Do you really wanna sleep in on...Christmas?" I asked. The door opened almost instantly. "I'm up! I'm up!" Grace said excitedly. I smiled. "Merry Christmas, honey." I said. She hugged me. "Merry Christmas." She echoed. We kissed before we walked into the kitchen. "Hungry? My mom had this tradition of making snowman pancakes on Christmas and-" "Sure. That sounds great." Grace said with a smile. "Let me get changed." She said. I nodded. "I'll be making breakfast." I said. Grace walked into her room and closed the door. I looked out the window. It was snowing. I smiled. "Grace, it's snowing." I said. Her head popped out of her door. "What?" She asked. "Take a look when you're done changing." I replied. A few minutes later, she came out in a red sweater and some leggings. "Woah. Snow looks better here than anywhere else." She said. I put my arm around her and she took that hand. Grace looked up at me. "I already know this is gonna be the best Christmas ever." She said. I kissed her forehead and looked back at the snow. This truly was going to be the best Christmas.
"Hey, Ben!" I said as I opened the door. Ben set down his bags and hugged me. "Hey, Andy." He said. "You must be Ben." I heard Grace say. We pulled out of our hug. Ben stuck out his hand. "And you must be Grace." He said. The two shook hands. "It's very nice to meet you." Grace said. "Yes. From what I've heard it's your first Christmas in England." Ben said. "It is. I'm very excited." Grace said. "Well then, Andrew, you gotta make it perfect." Ben said to me. "It already is." I said. Grace smiled.
About an hour later, my father showed up. "Hi, Dad." I said as I hugged him. "Hello, Andrew." He replied. "You must be Andrew's father." Grace said. My father looked Grace up and down. "Yes, I am. And you are...?" "Grace Portman." "Dad, she's my girlfriend." I confessed. My father looked at me. "Girlfriend? How...fun." He said. "It's okay." I whispered to Grace. She nodded with a smile. This should be interesting...