Ch. 2

The next day, I wanted to text Grace. I had to stop myself from checking my phone every 5 seconds. I finally told myself to stop. I made myself some coffee and turned on my favorite show: Cobra Kai. That kept my mind off of Grace until my phone dinged and I hurried to see who it was.

From: Grace The Beautiful❤️
Hey

From: Me
Hi, how are you?

From: Grace The Beautiful❤️
I'm ok, kinda tired. I just got up. You?

From: Me
I could be better.

From: Grace The Beautiful❤️
What's wrong?

From: Me
Nothing's really wrong, it's just that I woke up feeling kinda...meh

From: Grace The Beautiful❤️
Aw, I'm sorry. Is there anything I can do?

From: Me
It's ok. Um, you could come over?

From: Grace The Beautiful❤️
I'm not falling for that

I smirked as I shook my head.

From: Me
Well, can I tell you a secret?

From: Grace The Beautiful❤️
Sure...

From: Me
You looked like a princess last night

I immediately regretted saying that.

From: Grace The Beautiful❤️
Thank you. You didn't look too bad yourself.

From: Me
😁thank you

From: Grace The Beautiful❤️
😂

From: Me
Will I see you today?

From: Grace The Beautiful❤️
Only if you go to the end of the Walk Of Fame😉

I got up, turned off the tv, and got in a t-shirt, jeans, and a brown baseball hat. I grabbed the key to my hotel room, my wallet, my phone, and walked out to the busy street.
I walked down the Walk Of Fame, staring at all the names.

Julie Andrews

Bugs Bunny (which I think is kind of funny)

David Bowie

Kristen Bell

My personal friend Benedict Cumberbatch

Tom Cruise

Johnny Depp

Bobby Flay (the cook guy)

Jamie Foxx (another close friend)

And then, I saw her. Her brown hair was in two French Braids. She had on a Def Leopard t-shirt on with ripped high-rise jeans and black and white checkered Vans. She had some vintage sunglasses on but I still knew it was her. I walked up to her. "Hi, Grace." I said. "Hey." She said. "Um...do you like coffee?" She asked. "Yeah. Why?" I replied. She took my hand and started walking quickly. It felt like I was being dragged but then I looked down and saw her hand holding mine. A rush of butterflies flew into my stomach. My imagination took me on a ride again.
Grace was in a long white dress with a yellow straw-like hat and tan colored heels. Her hair was down and curled and she was holding my hand like she was just before and we were going through a field of daisies. I looked down at myself. I was in a white button up and brown dress pants with my brown loafers. She turned her head and looked at me. Her blue eyes glowed in the sunlight as she smiled at me. She giggled. "Andrew, what're you looking at?"
Grace waved a hand in front of my face. "Hello?" She asked. I shot out of it. "What? Um, yes." I said, not hearing the question. She giggled again. "I asked you what coffee you wanted." She said. "Oh." I said. I blushed with embarrassment. She giggled. "It's ok. I get lost in my imagination, too." She said. "How'd you know?" I asked. "I make that same face when my imagination kicks in." She said. She looked back at the chalkboard that had the menu on it. "You know what you're getting?" She asked me. I took a quick glance at the menu before looking back at her. I could stare at her forever. "Yeah." I said softly. I went up to the cashier. "Hi. We'd like one pumpkin spice latte and one...what'd you want?" I asked Grace. "And one matcha green tea, please." She said. "We're at a coffee place." I said. "Yeah, I know. But their tea is amazing." She said. "Okay. Let's change it to two matcha green teas, please." I said as I dug into my wallet. "Okay. That'll be $20.18." The cashier said. I handed him my card. "You didn't have to pay for that." Grace said. "Yet I just did." I said with a smirk. She smiled as she shook her head. The cashier handed me my card. "The name for the order?" He asked. "Andrew." I replied. "Okay, it'll be out in a few minutes." The man said. I nodded. We sat at a table that had a view of the street and pedestrians. "So, what'd you wanna talk about?" I asked Grace. "Anything." She replied. "Tell me about yourself. Not the celebrity side...the side no one else sees but you. Show me the real you." She said. "Well, I've always felt like I've been different my whole life and I'm not sure why. I tried a lot of things before acting. I never really wanted to do it but now...now I love it. I've never found 'the one' but I really thought Emma was 'the one' for me. But now...I think it's someone else. But I'm not so sure because I've been so heartbroken so many times and everyone else is off getting married and I'm here just trying to find someone I love. I just want to be happy in a relationship but I guess it's just not in the cards for me. Or maybe I just haven't found the right person yet? I don't know. Maybe I'm just not good enough for anyone." "Andrew, listen to me." Grace said. I looked up at her. "For the little time I've known you, I know that you are more than good enough for people. It's us that's the problem. Us girls don't think we deserve people like you in our lives. You're too good for girls like me. 'The one' is out there. You just have to keep looking. I know what it's like to be heartbroken so many times that you feel like when you do meet 'the one' you won't have any love to give them. I've been in relationships since I was 12 and every single time, it's gone wrong. I feel like I'm all out of love. But I know 'the one' will love me no matter how much love I have left. And I know the same is for you." She said. We stared into each other's eyes. It's like we already knew each other.
"Order for Andrew!"
Grace looked away and I cleared my throat as I went to get our tea.