Ch. 3

We walked down the street with our matcha tea in hand. We talked about Tick Tick Boom and about Spider-Man. We talked about her future and I talked about mine. We both wanted to be married and have 2 kids and a dog. Only I wanted to go back to Europe and she didn't want to make that big move. Maybe if I convinced her she would come with me. "Have you ever been to London?" I asked Grace. "No. But I've seen pictures." She replied. "Well it's much prettier in real life." I told her. She nodded. "Are you gonna go back to Europe soon?" She asked slowly. I thought about it for a few moments. "Maybe. America isn't my home. I feel myself whenever I'm in England. But I just don't know." I responded. She took my hand and stopped walking. We turned to face each other. "Don't go, okay? There's so much to like here." She said. "Like what?" I asked. She got red. "Well, it's clear you like me so..." I started to lean in but she pulled me in for a hug. A long hug. I kissed her hair and she kissed my cheek. When we kept walking, we intwined our pinky fingers. "The paparazzi's gonna eat this up." I warned her. "I know." She said. "The media's gonna go crazy." I added. She nodded. "I know." I looked at her. "I don't want that for you. The paparazzi can sometimes shake people up mentally." I told her. "Andrew," Grace stopped and looked at me. She took my hand. "I know you want to protect me and keep me from the hardships of being someone like you but I'm okay with that." She said. I had never seen such a brave person. She seemed to ignore the fact that everyone would be focused on our relationship. "I'm fine with cameras. I'm fine with people seeing me. I'm fine with all of it. I just...I want..." "Me?" I asked. She grinned and looked at the concrete before looking back at me. "We'll see." She said. I smiled. I put my arm around her as we kept walking. She took a sip of her matcha tea. "I've had this matcha for years and you know what?" "Hm?" I asked. "It's still my favorite." I sipped mine and nodded. "Yeah, it's really good." I said. She looked at me. "It's more than 'really good'...it's amazing!" She said. I chuckled and kissed her temple. "Um, Andrew?" Grade asked. "Yeah?" I replied. "Why are you attracted to me?" She asked. "That's an easy question." I said. "You're beautiful and funny and you have the mosh beautiful smile. You're so brave and outgoing and you clearly have good taste in music." She laughed. "And...I dunno. I feel like I can just be myself around you. Like how I am whenever I'm in England, you know?" She nodded. "You're just everything I could've ever wanted." I finished. She stopped and pulled me in for a long kiss on the lips.