○ Chapter 18 ○

Going back to school was... difficult. Especially when she knew she wouldn't see Millie around and that she had to face Leah and Jamie, the two people who had abandoned her that fateful day. "I don't wanna go, Papa," Autumn admitted as they stood at the gates, looking down at her hands.

Pete sighed softly, crouching down in front of her, taking her hands in his own. "I know it's hard, sweetpea, but you'll be perfectly fine." Autumn looked up at him, tears in her eyes. "Hey," his left hand came to rest gently on her cheek, "everything will be fine, okay? I know it's going to be hard, and if it gets too hard the school can ring Grandpa Comet or Mama or I and we'll come get you, okay?" Autumn just nodded, hugging her father before releasing him and walking into the school nervously, Pete watching her go as he stood back up, hands stuffed into the pockets of his bomber jacket.

"She nervous to go back after what happened last month?" A man beside the brunette asked to which he nodded his head. "Yeah, Harrison's nervous too. Couldn't sleep for at least two weeks after the whole thing."

"Autumn's always had trouble sleeping on her own at night, but it just worsened after the whole thing," Pete nodded, waving at his daughter as she turned to look at him, eyes showing how fearful she was even though she tried to put on a brave face.

"Have you tried therapy for her?" The man asked, turning to look at Pete properly. "It helped Harrison; it might help your kid. It's aways good to give it a try."

"I'll look into it," he smiled, walking to his car. "Thank you." The man nodded to him as Pete headed to the base, though what the man had suggested was starting to seem like a good idea to him. It might be best to take Autumn to therapy, it'll help her with Rooster's death. Probably should take all of us to therapy, to be honest. We all need it.

"What's on your mind, captain?" Howard asked, noticing the thoughtful look on Pete's face.

"Therapy, sir," he replied. Howard was shocked. Was Pete thinking of therapy for himself, the team, or the kid? "I met a guy at Autumn's school today. He suggested taking Autumn to therapy for the shooting incident, said it helped his kid loads. It might be good for all of us to go, the team and I, for Lieutenant Rooster's death."

Howard shrugged, leaning back in his chair. "If you think it'll help, go for it." nodding, Pete stood and headed out to find his team as Howard glanced down at his desk, seeing a picture of when Autumn had just turned six. She was such a happy child back then, not scared of anything, and now she's scared to even leave her father's side. Therapy would do her some good.

-

"Autumn?" Their new teacher, a kind looking man called Mrs Ellen, asked as she looked up from her computer. Autumn, from here she sat beside a boy called Harrison who she had met wandering the halls, raised her head at her name. "Your dad's here to pick you up, sweetie."

Excited that she was able to go back to her father after panicking the whole day, she quickly packed her bag and said 'bye' to Harrison before all but running down the hallway to the main office where her father was waiting for her with her mother. "Papa! Mama!" Sandra hugged her daughter, lifting her up in a hug as she giggled. The receptionist awed at the sight as Pete took his turn in hugging their daughter. Bidding a kind 'goodbye' to the receptionist, the family of three headed out of the school and to Sandra's car. "Where are we going, mama?"

"We're going to see a very kind woman," her mother began to explain. "She's going to hep us with something. Your aunty and uncles are already there." Nodding, the family fell into silence as they continued on their journey. Soon enough they arrived at the building, seeing the team outside the front of it, waiting for them. Getting out of the car, the trio headed to the group and entered the building where they were greeted by a kind woman at the desk who smiled towards the group.

"Hello, how can I help you?" She asked with a kind smile, coming to stand at the front of the desk instead of behind it.

Pete smiled back, shaking the woman's hand. "Hi, we're here for a session for our daughter, Autumn Bradshaw-Mitchell? The others want to see if they can book appointments for themselves as well."

The woman smiled, quickly checking the computer. "Of course, if you would like to sit over by the window, I will call you when Ms Claire is ready for you." Sandra and Pete thanked the woman and moved to the window, Pete's hand resting on Autumn's back. "When do you want to book sessions?"

Natasha glanced at the others before looking back at the woman. "We were thinking maybe next week on Saturday? I think that's one of the only days we're going to have free anytime soon."

Typing on the computer, she checked the dates and nodded. "That's perfectly fine. What time?"

"Any time before 12, we're planning on taking the trio out for lunch that day since it was little Autumn's birthday today and we can't get any time off until then," Jake said, smiling towards the little girl who seemed slightly nervous.

"That's perfectly fine, I'm sure she'll enjoy that. Who would you like to see, Ms Claire, Mr Stewart, or Ms Jane?"

"Anyone who's free that day," Bob smiled.

"Alrighty. Can I just take your names so I can make sure the right people see the right person?"

"Natasha Trace,"

"Jake Seresin,"

"Robert Floyd,"

"Reuben Fitch,"

"Mickey Garcia,"

"Javy Machado,"

"Alright, that's all set up on the computer. Here's the number in case any of you need to change the dates at all." After telling her their names, they went and said 'bye' to Autumn, Pete and Sandra and headed back to the base.