Fame

Bright lights shower down Splatsville.

Tonight was the night of the first Splatfest ever held in the Splatlands.

Before Warabi and Ikkan ever became idols, they just started out as a little band, never expecting to reach the height of popularity they're at now.

Pearl and Marina have moved on from being newscasters, and they've started a collaboration with other musicians, forming "Damp Socks ft. Off the Hook.

As time moved on, Diss-Pair gained more popularity, to the point of being considered news anchors for Splatsville. This time around, they've became "idols".

As the popular duo were ready to leave their studio, Ikkan felt as if something wasn't right. Warabi on the other hand, seemed excited. Excited that they were about to perform infront of the inklings and octolings of Splatsville. Finally, it was both of their time to shine.

"What's wrong, man?" Warabi asked, sort of confused.

"Nothing, just...pretty nervous. It's been awhile, yknow?"

"You seem like it. Too be fair with you, im a bit nervous too. But im still sorta positive about this! So...i guess i could say that im both excited and nervous!"

"Yeah, but...this is what were gonna do now? Were gonna be performing for the first time in years, its hard to believe that were already here."

Warabi reached for Ikkan's shoulder and put his hand on it.

"I know this might be stressful for you, but if we stay confident, everything's gonna be alright. You did great years ago. Metalopod, Seasick, Ink or Sink...you did amazing, and i know you'll do even better this time." 

"...y'sure?"

"Of course im sure! You know i love you, dude."

The purple inkling let out a sigh, before having a more determined look.

"Alright, let's do this."