Chapter Two

𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐍
I Did Something Bad - Taylor Swift
"They say I did something bad, but why's it feel so good?"

𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐍I Did Something Bad - Taylor Swift"They say I did something bad, but why's it feel so good?"

   The first thing I saw when I woke up was the stars in the ceiling. So that's where the blue light had come from. Judging by the little light escaping through the dark curtains, it must be around three or four in the morning. The starry ceiling calmed me down, it reminded me of the times my father would point out different constellations to me. I wondered if it reminded Kris of my father too, whenever she looked at it.

   I shifted my head to find the mafia leader in question fast asleep on the floor, an arm over her stomach and another over her head. Her mouth was ever so slightly open, a little drool escaping the corner of her lips. The sight made me want to giggle until I remembered the events of last night which had led me to this situation.

   I shook my head clear of the unwelcome memory, focusing instead on the woman on the floor, who had now shifted her arm away from her face, turning on her side to face me. She had a handsome yet delicate face when she doesn't look as serious and severe like she usually did whenever I saw her. Her features were androgynous in itself, especially when bare, that made one question what gender she truly was. I supposed it was a lucky gift to be born with, especially for someone who's gender keeps changing.

   Asleep, she looked calm, almost sweet. But then her eyebrows furrowed, her breath quickening. "No," she whimpered, tossing about. I panicked a little, there wasn't anything I could do right now to help, I couldn't even reach down to her.

My eyes landed on the glass of water on the night stand, probably Kris had put it there for me. "I hope she doesn't kill me for this," I muttered, grabbing the glass.

I unceremoniously poured an entire glass of water over Kris's face, making her gasp and shoot up straight, spluttering out some very colourful curses. Meanwhile, I was completely dumbstruck when she whipped around to glare at me. Her hair, now wet, hung in messy damp strands over her forehead. If this woman hadn't been a mafia leader, she would have taken over the entire entertainment and beauty industry.

   "What, exactly," she said, her voice dangerously calm, "do you think you're doing?" Her grey eyes made her seem ethereal.

   "I, uh..." I gulped nervously. "I didn't know how else to wake you up. You looked like you were having a nightmare."

   "Did you perhaps, think to try calling my name first?" Ah.... That hadn't occurred to me at all.

   "Sorry...?" I grimaced as she glared at me harder.

   "Now my mattress is wet. How am I going to sleep in it?" She demanded hotly.

   "Don't you have another spare mattress?"

   "No." She snapped, before sighing. "There's nothing else to be done, looks like we're sharing the bed."

   I would have protested, if she hadn't immediately started pulling up her wet shirt, moving over to the closet, presumably to get a new one. As it was, I just yelped and covered my eyes. I heard her chuckle.