M

CHAPTER 15

T H A I R I-ONCE A LULLABY

I put down the picture. I clench my fist, frustrations, anger came together in an instant. I'm death myself, even I  was exist in darkness, an entity who was feared by a living being on earth. But today a memory starting to morn me again. My soot came out, commencing to dust the room on hollow; consuming the light and made the rooms ambience into a void of grieves. Voices from the depth of the hell screams in a mournful cries from suffering and regrets being burn to hell for eternity. My mind starting to boggles me. Its not about class A, but Catara. We happens to be a couple long time ago. I love every inch of her. Livings can't see that her special. Living beings are so cruel and greed  enough to share the world with her.

I failed to protect her at ngayon sa malayo ko nalang siya natatanaw. Masyado na kaming pinapalayo ng panahon. At kailan man hindi na siya magiging akin.

I meet her many years ago at the dark times. We unexpectedly met on that day and her presence matters to me. She's such a good girl. Down to earth and always cheerful. She was an orphan and find a way to escape and live alone and striving for survival.

While I was so busy hunting souls that day and I saw someone from a distance plowing and she had I pity her, she was a few more days to live. But as she rose up and i saw her eyes directly looking at me. It made me loose my mind and even for a reaper made her fall on that gaze. I walk back, avoiding her at all cost. If she touches me, she'll loose her life forever but she keeps moving like she had seen me on her naked eye, which is impossible. And I rooted on my spot as she began to talk. She can actually see me! I grabbed my scythe to scare her away, giving her a sign of death but I was the one whose scared. She's calm and her lips parted and gave me a smile. It send away the omen surrounding my presences. And that was the very first time I fell In love on a living being. She was an angel for my eyes and nothing more.

I turn my back on that day but keep on visiting on that place just to see her. I sneak onto the bushes at napatay ko nalang ang mga dahon at nakita ko siyang malungkot at lumapit sa mga dahon na nalanta ko. I apologized on that day and she gave me her sweet smile. And those smile carved in my head and I want to see her like that. We unexpectedly  became friends and as the day passed friendship turns into something enchanted. More like I can say If I was a human I'll definitely made her my wife.

I watch her on her sleep at sinasamahan din siya na bumibili sa palengke. Walang araw na hindi ko siya binibisita at sa ounto na maraming nangyayaring aksidente paminsan minsan narin kaming nagkikita.

I visited and even brings her a pet souls. I know its crazy but she likes it. Walang regalo na hindi na tinatanggap sakin. Tinakpan ko ang mga rumaragasa niyang blood sand. But she let me. She wants me to kill her . But I can't let her die. But she begged me to kill her. I didn't listen because I can't just take her with me.

As the day gone by. Her smile faded away. And i miss it. I didn't knew that she was bullied and mistreated. She suffered for too long and she just keep on smiling like she doesn't have any problem.

Hanggang sa napaluha ako ng makita ko siya walang damit. Araw araw ko na siyang naabutan na umiiyak na nakahubad. Hindi ko siya kayang makita na nagdurusa ng ganito. Napaiyak ako ng makita ko siyang binababoy ng mga kalalakihan sa kanto at wala akong nagawa hindi ko rin pwedeng kunin ang mga kaluluwa ng mga iyon. Napaluhod ako habang kaharap siya na inaabot ang mga kamay niya sakin.

"Hintayin mo ako" bilin ko sa kanya "hindi kana magdurusa pa ulit Ako na Ang bahala sa mga taong bumaboy sayo"

I waited till that day and my deceased book open on its owns and her names slowly written. I rushed to take her with me and I was too excited, the feeling was overwhelming.

Until those memories crashed. I was never too late. She take her own life. Her name on the book was slowly fading. I blame myself because I couldn't do anything. I tried to reach her but something blocked me. Darkness starting to rose on the ground her soul came out and blind folded. And she disappeared living her body on the cold ground.

➖➖➖

Napabalik ako sa realidad ng maramdaman ko ang paggalaw ng mga daliri ni class A sa kamay ko. I slowly heard her moan and open her eyes. She leaned on me at nabigla naman ako sa pagpahid niya ng kanyang palad saking pisnge

"Baduy di pa naman ako patay"

"Sira" Inalalayan ko siyang umupo at pinasandal sa likuran niya ang unan ko. Inabutan ko naman siya ng pagkain at pagkaalis ko hinahawakan naman niya ang kamay ko. "Bakit may kailangan ka class A?"

"Thank you for saving me"

"Don't mention it. I can't just let you be killed. We have a deal. I'll protect you as long as you are here before your going back onto the land of the living"

"For a reaper. Napakabait mo"

"I'm not"

It's just that, your special. I can't let you suffer the same fate like Catara. I had failed to protect her but can't let that happen twice. Alam ni kora ang nangyaring pag atake ng mga bantay ni catara kay class A at sinabi ko naman na nasa kwarto ko siya na nagpapahinga. Maayos naman ang usapan at bibisita siya mamaya.

I'm very sorry  class A for dragging you here in these realm..