11

"Wow! That was fun!" Yukhei cheered as he stretched his arms up in the air. He then put one of his hands on Mark's shoulder, holding him for safety. "So, how's the event? Did you enjoy it?" Mark responded with an enthusiastic nod, his eyes aren't looking at Yukhei's. But even though they aren't looking at each other, they can still feel the warmth and safety, making both of them comfortable. "It was exhausting, but I enjoyed every single second of it."

"Is it because I'm here with you?" Yukhei moved himself closer in front of Mark, showing him his bubbly side up close. "Yeah, it could be." Yukhei let out a dramatic gasp, which made Mark laugh. "Just kidding, I actually wouldn't have been there cosplaying if it wasn't because of you."

They stopped at the bridge, watching the vehicles passing through. Mark turned around to see the beauty of the city lights, Yukhei then did the same. "By the way, about the man in the book..." Mark turned his full attention to Yukhei when he heard him speak after seconds of silence. "He's your boyfriend, am I correct?" Mark responded with a nod, waiting for Yukhei to let out another question. "Why are you like... Investigating him? Was he murdered or something? Are you trying to give him justice?" Mark sighed at the question he just heard. "Yes, he was. We already knew it a long time ago, and he already... We could say that he already accepted the fact that killing innocent people for revenge is pointless."

"Can you still see him right now?"

"No, he already left. But he'll be back! He told me." Mark leaned his elbows on the railings, smiling as he recalled all the sweet memories in his mind. "But how are you sure that he'll come back? I mean, he's already a ghost. Once they leave, they never come back." Mark's smile slowly turned upside down when he heard Yukhei's reply, he slowly turned his head back to where Yukhei was standing. "Maybe you should move on and find someone who is alive?"

"Yukhei, have you ever been in love?" Yukhei went silent after hearing those words, he didn't know what to say anymore. "Yes... I have been in love..."

"If you are in love, then you should be able to understand that feeling right? The willingness to wait for the impossible?" Mark then avoided Yukhei's gaze, he turned his attention back to the city lights. "He will be back, I know and I believe that he will never break his promises. I'll be going now, it's getting pretty late." Mark walked away with a soft smile, not waiting for Yukhei to at least respond to his sudden actions. He stayed at the bridge, telling himself that he is dumb for making Mark upset when he's supposed to be encouraging him. "Ah, Lucas, why are you getting dumb ever since you entered this body?"

Yukhei just thought of an idea. He pulled out his phone and dialed Johnny's number which he also got when he gave his number to him. A few rings later, Johnny answered the call.

"Hey Luc-Sorry, I mean Yukhei! What's up?"

"Hi, the event went fine, we enjoyed it. I just want to ask something if you're not busy." Yukhei nervously replied, he almost said the name.

"Oh? You called in the right time actually, I'm not doing anything right now. Is there anything you want to know?"

Yukhei took a few deep breaths before answering Johnny's question. "Can you tell me more about Mark's lover?" Yukhei could hear Johnny's things being scattered around as if he was standing up for a better experience of storytelling.

"I'm glad you asked the right person! Where should I start? Hmm, you know that Mark once lived in a house where the "famous urban legend" lies right? The abandoned house around here?"

Yukhei responded with a hum.

"He met his boyfriend there. Believe me or not, that guy was a terrifying, blood thirsty ghost. According to some people, he killed like hundreds of people there, even kids and pets are no exceptions. But to our surprise, Mark hadn't experienced some harsh treatments towards him aside from small bruises and mini heart attacks."

Yukhei chuckled as he recalled all of those embarrassing memories he did to Mark.

"And fate made an unexpected turn, he actually changed for him and because of him. He went from the most feared demon to a protector of a random mortal."

"O-Oh, is that so? Thank you."

"Yeah, their love story is quite cute and emotional. You're always welcome bro, feel free to ask us anytime, you're our friend now too."

"Yeah, I will. Thank you." Then Yukhei ended the call. He turned his eyes to the city lights in front of him, smiling as he recalled all the things Johnny said. "I was so harsh to him back then..."

Mark, in his room was reading the books again, and while he was turning some pages, the memory from earlier would randomly pop out. "I really shouldn't have left Yukhei like that..."

A few sighs he let out, a knock on his door was heard, and he knows that it was from his father. "Please come in Dad, the door's unlocked." A few seconds later, his door opened, showing his father bringing a plate of sliced watermelons and brownies. "Hey, I made some sweets since you had an exhausting day. I added your favorite too." Mark gave his father a soft smile before landing his hands on the tray. "Thanks Dad. You really should get some rest too, I know you had a very busy day."

"Yeah, right. Goodnight Mark." His father nodded before heading out of his room, leaving him alone again. "Now, where was I?" Mark turned his attention to the book again, his eyes began to read every single word that was written on the book, he examined their pictures as well. "Not gonna lie, their family has a beauty..."

There is something that really caught Mark's attention, and it was a picture of a woman who he believes is Lucas' dad's second wife, which is his stepmom. "Wait... Clemen... Clementine?"

Was this the name that Jungwoo had on his finger?

He immediately shrugged the thought off, then proceeded to read the next page. "There must be many people out there named Clementine, this is just a coincidence."

Right?