1. The Crossover

"Pa! Pa! Hang on don't leave me!" Vegas sees Venice running in his bloodied clothes in the hospital halls with the medical team quickly running and pushing a hospital bed. Along the fast-paced vibe that the environment, Vegas felt his head spinning.

He struggled to focus on who was at the hospital bed and then he saw him. His face was full of blood and his eyes open but aimless.

PETE! His mind screamed and as if Pete heard it, he went and looked his way, gaining the focus in his eyes that Vegas thought was lost. They looked each other in the eye while they were both being rushed to different operating rooms. The Doctors, the nurses, and Venice must have been running as fast as they can but Vegas and Pete's worlds were on slow motion.

I LOVE YOU

Vegas saw Pete mouth his favorite word combination.

I LOVE YOU TOO, PETE

He says in his mind before his world turned dark.

"Pa? Pa! Doctor, he's awake!" Vegas hears Venice's voice

"Pa!" Venice kept on crying and yelling with blood all over him, staining his once tidy white button-down shirt.

"Doctor! Doctor! Shit, where are all the doctors?! This is a VIP room, why isn't there anyone?" Venice angrily yells in the room. Venice is a good boy courtesy of Pete's upbringing but sometimes, just sometimes like today, the Vegas in him would decide to show up.

"Venice" Vegas calls him and he walks closer to his bed

"Just wait a while, Pa. The doctor's coming to check on you. Do you need anything?" Venice wipes his tears and snot.

"Talk to me a bit." Vegas said while smiling at his son

"You grew up so well. So kind, so gentle, and so smart. I may die a criminal but I'm glad you didn't get to be one. You're handsome too." Vegas laughed

"I never saw it before but I guess you do look just like me" Vegas chuckles at Venice who was still crying his eyes out quietly.

"I'm sorry, Pa. I'm sorry it's because I'm weak that you and Pa Pete had to always protect me. Now he's...now he's..." Venice starts to bawl his heart out. His whole world revolved around his Pa Pete. It wasn't fair that he could only be with him for twenty two years. It was too short!

"You're not weak. You're perfect and we'd do the same thing for you over and over." Vegas assures his son.

"But don't you blame me? Pa pete is..."

"Shhhh, I know, Venice. I know. I won't take long either. Your Pa is telling me we should go now. Just wait a while, Pete. I'm still talking to your son" Vegas looks behind Venice like Pete was there.

Venice looks behind him and see no one.

"Pa, don't leave me please! You're the only one I have left"

"Venice, be good to your uncle Macau. Tell him your Pas are sorry we couldn't wait for him. And don't you worry, I'll still find your Pa Pete in the next life"

"Then...then Pa, I will be there too! Wait for me in the next life, okay?" Venice sadly said.

"No, leave us alone. Don't approach me. You won't steal him from me in the next life" Vegas was half serious and Venice could not help but laugh bitterly.

"Hia!" Vegas sees Macau running towards him with the doctor who tried to check on him. Vegas uses all his energy to shoo the doctor away so he could see Venice and Macau clearly one last time.

"Hia, I love you!" Macau cries he held Vegas' hand and Venice's shoulder.

"I love you, Pa!" Venice said while sobbing uncontrollably.

"I love you both, My little brother and my son, you little abomination. I'm going. Pete's calling me" and Vegas took his last breath with a peaceful face.

PRESENT

"Vegas, do I look good in this shirt?" Pete tries on shirt number fifty.

"Yes, it looks great, Pete! Just buy it and let's go eat! I'm so hungry!" Vegas complains as his friend continued to twirl around, checking himself out in the mirror.

"Vegas be serious! I wanna look as yummy as possible! People always compare me to you because you're handsome. I don't want to be friends with handsome guys anymore!"

Pete complained even though he was always praised by people for being good-looking. He was the most handsome man in the world if you were to ask Vegas.

"I'm serious. You look great!"

"Really? Do I look yummy?" Pete was acting cute.

"Hurry up and buy it, Pete. I'll count to five. If you don't make up your mind I'm leaving you here and you'd have to walk home! One...two...---"

"THREE, FOUR...FUCK YOU, ASSHOLE! Fine, I'll just buy this one! You mean idiot. Can't even wait for a few minutes" Pete accused even though they've been there for two hours and the store attendant looked like he had aged a decade because of stress.

"Shia, Vegas, you could have given me a few more minutes. I told you I wanted to look good for my job interview!"

"You looked great, Pete and what are you gonna do huh? Seduce the interviewer? Damn, that's disgusting!"

"But listen up, if I'm cute then I get hired easily, right? I'm not as smart as you but I'm really cute and people like that about me. Don't you think?" Pete asked

"Who told you that, Pete?"

"My mom" Pete confidently answered.

"Auntie just lied to make you feel better." Vegas said and Pete rolled his eyes at him. And tried to walk away.

"Ai, Pete hahaha. I was only kidding. You look really yummy, I promise." Vegas kept chasing after his sulking friend while laughing.

"Khun Vegas...Pete" the two looked at the man who called their names.

Two men approached them. One was probably in his late forties or early fifties, the other one looks older. Even though he looked good with a poised stance, he seemed to be in his seventies. Why do they know them?

"I'm sorry. You look just like my deceased parents. My name is Venice and this is Uncle Nop, my late father's assistant" The younger of the two said.

"Vegas, why does he say we look like his parents? That's not possible since he's so old. He looks as old as my dad." Pete tries to whisper but ended up being audible anyway, earning a smile from the two strangers.

"Oh. Please don't be afraid." The man hurriedly grabbed his wallet and took out a photo.

"Shia!" Vegas and Pete both exclaim. They saw the photo of two men who looked exactly like them.

"They're my parents. May I know your names?"

The older gentlemen looked completely shocked to learn they had the same names.

" Vegas, I really have to pee. I'll be back. Excuse me, Khap" Pete respectfully bowed to the older men and ran to the
bathroom.

Vegas was left to look at the two who seemed to be in a daze, still. They stood still as the two stared at Vegas without moving for what felt like an hour.
Venice looked like he wanted to cry.

"Hey, Venice!" Vegas said to the surprise of the two.

"I told you not to bother me in my next life!" Venice looked like he was about to cry but then he laughed looking satisfied.