Chapter 20

2 years ago...

It was raining, Natsu had just gotten out of school and was now running through the streets of Magnolia looking for shelter.

He cursed himself for not bringing the umbrella his father was insisting on him this morning. If he did then he wouldn't be in this situation. He would've probably already been at home in his room playing video games.

He stopped by Magnolia South Gate Park and decided he could use the Cherry Blossom Trees planted there for shelter.

Once he was there he went to the largest tree planted in the entire park.

When he got there he was panting really hard, he closed his eyes and leaned against the trunk of the tree, sliding down until he reached the rock that was under the tree.

As soon as he sat it in he immediately stood up when he heard a small voice.

"What the hell?!" Natsu exclaimed.

"Hey, watch where you're sitting. You almost squash me there!"

"What the-- am I going crazy or what?"

He looked around and didn't see anything.

"Wait a second you can hear me?!"

"Uh yeah?"

"Close your eyes."

He still didn't know where that voice was coming from, however he had this feeling that he could trust whoever they were, so he followed what the voice said and closed his eyes.

After making sure his eyes were really closed, the small fairy transformed into her normal size, making her wings vanish.

"Ok you can open them now."

As soon as he did, his breath got caught in his throat, his cheeks turned a little pink.

Right there standing in front of him was the most beautiful girl he has ever seen.

She had long blonde hair that reached up to her waist and sparkling brown eyes. She wore a white dress with faded blue at the hem. The dress reached up to her knees.

"Um, who are you?" Natsu asked.

"And why should I tell you? You almost killed me!"

"Look I'm sorry I didn't see you there. And I'm honestly surprised how I failed to notice someone like you." Natsu said.

What he said made her blush a little.

"What're you even doing here? I've never seen you here before."

"I'm just here for shelter from the rain. What about you, what're you doing here? Did you run away from home?" Natsu asked.

"What gave you that idea?!"

"You have no shoes on." Natsu said, staring at her bare feet that were suspiciously not dirty nor covered in mud.

"That's none of your business. Anyway, find another tree to hide in this one."

"No thanks. The other ones are too small." Natsu said.

"Then I'll go."

She was about to walk away from him when a hand grabbed her wrist.

"Wait! You'll get drenched by the rain too." Natsu said.

She couldn't say that she was practically immune to the rain, she already broke her cover as it is.