38

"Harry my boy, good to see you! You've brought a friend." Slughorn turned, and spoke to them.  

"Yeah, Ron Weasley... I'm not very good at potions... I'll just leave." Ron spoke.  

"Nonsense, a friend of Harry's is a friend of mine.   Now bring you, and your text books over here." Slughorn smiled at them. 

"We haven't gotten our text books yet, professor. " Harry simply said.  

"Take what you wish from the cabinet." Slughorn turned back towards the class.   "Now, can any of you tell me the three potions that I have sitting here before us?"

Hermione quickly raised her hand high in the air. 

"Veritaserum: the truth telling serum, polyjuice potion, and Amortentia.... you showed us Amortentia a few years ago, when you came in for a class." Hermione smiled, and looked at me.  

It all clicked in my mind.

"Very good, Ms Granger! That is correct in every aspect." Slughorn smiled, "Ms Stewart, you were in that class as well, correct?"

"Yes, sir." I spoke softly. 

"Can you tell me what you remember about Amortentia?"

"Amortentia is the most powerful love potion in the world." I spoke through gritted teeth. 

"It smells different to each person, based off of what they are attracted too." Hermione chimed in.  

I could see her smirking out of the corner of my eye. 

"Shut up." I shook my head at her,and elbowed her ribs. 

She tried to contain her giggles.  

At least she was laughing, rather than hitting me over the head with her text book.  

"You haven't said what's in that one." Pansy spoke as she pointed to the little vile.  

It was small, and contained a clear liquid.  

"You're right, that is Felix Felicis.  Also known as liquid luck.   By drinking this, you will feel like the luckiest person alive.   Everything you do and wish seems to go your way.... at least until the effects wear off, " Professor picked the smile vile up, and held it in the air, "this is the prize today for whoever cooks up the perfect batch of living death... which can be found on page 10 of your books." 

Everyone quickly opened their books, and ran back to their seats.  

We had the rest of the hour, to try to figure out how to make this.  

I didn't really care about the liquid luck, I know I wasn't going to be able to make the living death potion.   

Hermione was much better at brewing potions anyway. 

Draco wasn't very focused either.  

He kept looking at me, like he did years ago.  

Just staring.  

I guess my scent really threw off his day.  

Harry ended up winning the liquid luck.  

The book he had was all beat up, and torn.  

From the glimpse I got from the pages, I could see someone had written notes in the margins. 

...

As the weeks passed, Draco went back to his old ways to just looking at me constantly. 

Staring into my soul.  

He had kind eyes, I knew he hated it.  

Lavender, a Gryffindor girl, had been all over Ron. 

Every day it got worse, and worse.  

For some reason, it effected Hermione's mood.  

What really set her off, was when Gryffindor won their first Quidditch match of the year.   

It was against Slytherin, and Ron made the team that year.  

There was a small party in the Gryffindor common room after.  
Lavender made her move, and kissed Ron in front of the whole house. 

Hermione ran off. 

I chased after her. I found her sitting in an empty stair well, crying.  

"Whats going on?" I asked, as I sat down next to her.  

"It's her! That stupid girl with Ron!" Hermione cried. 

"She seemed nice, a bit annoying." I replied. 

Hermione shot me a glare.  

I thought for a second before it dawned on me. 

"Ohhhh, Ron.  Ron? Really?" I wrapped my arm around her. 

"It's stupid, I know.   I can't help how I feel." Hermione continued to cry. 

"It's not stupid.  I think it's really sweet. I'm sorry this is happening." I comforted her, until Harry showed up and sat down by us. 

"How do you feel when Ginny is kissing that guy?" Hermione asked Harry, as she rested her head on his shoulder.  

Ron and lavender waltzed in, happy as can be. 

"I think this place is taken." She giggled, as she took Ron by the hands leading him away.  

They were both smiling. 

That made Hermione break down even more.  

"Exactly like this." Harry replied. 

I stood up, and dusted myself off. 

"I'll give you guys some time. I'll meet you back at our room after a while?" I asked them. 

They both nodded in agreement. 

I walked up the stairs, and saw Ron kissing Lavender in the stairwell by the window. 

"You idiot!" I yelled at him, as I walked in between them.

"What did I do?" Ron said, as I continued to walk up the stairs. 

I walked up more stairs, and through lots of the long, empty hallways. 

Hermione... liking Ron... didn't see that coming.  

As I walked, I noticed the doors to the astronomy stairs, cracked open slightly.  

They were always closed.  

I opened the door slowly, to be sure I didn't make any noise. 

I slipped through, shutting the door behind me softly.  

I slowly and quietly, went up the stairs. 

I creaked the door open.